• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those jodhpurs are SS14 Slann. FW14 was the London 20 version.

The leather on your duckies is really nice and they look great worn in. Generally, I've noticed that quality is higher on the runway items on the season that they were on the runway. It seems that when things become permanent collection, they use more basic materials to make them (still nice, but somehow not as special).

New leather being used on permanent collection boots after SS14 doesn't crease as much as the leather used before that. For me I don't like it as much because I like the creasing and aging, but I wonder if it's based on customer feedback or something, because I see a lot of people on the board talking about how to avoid creasing. The old leather would crease up just from being tried on once or twice - may have made it difficult to sell pairs that had been tried on a lot / returned. The truth is quality leather shoes crease quickly - like the old Dior Homme classic pointy derby shoes made from the French leather - thick, buttery soft and probably the nicest leather I've ever handled, but creased very quickly.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I searched up the dior homme pair and I can see how those types of rolling creases look a lot better than sharp line creases. kieran, since you like the more worn-in look do you have any pictures of that type of style fitting into the saint laurent aesthetic? These creases also reminds me of the carol christian poell look which I admire but I find it a bit too rough for me.

By the way, your post about the duffle 12 inspired me to buy one and I really like how it fits when worn with blazers and coats.

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
Thanks for the informative reply, slann. I bought this pair http://www.farfetch.com/ca/shopping/men/saint-laurent-zip-boot-item-10472661.aspx last year and it seemed like a hybrid between the new wyatt toe box and a shaft composed of a solid piece of leather. It seems unusual but the website labelled it zip boot and the sticker on the box called it zip strap rock boot. Looking at your SS15 chain harness pair, I actually prefer the new toe box because it looks pointier and more elegant than compared to the FW13 wider design. For my pair, the leather felt quite soft/malleable and luxurious. My only complaints are that the left shoe and right shoe creases differently and that it seemed like they coated the leather with some sort of sheen (it looks shiny and nice but I wonder if they are using it to cover up blemishes). However, the creases are hard to notice, especially when I'm standing up and my foot stretches the leather taut. Just putting my right foot into the boot to try it on for the first time created permanent creases to the inner side of the boot.

I have another pair (looks like this http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/...yatt-boot-in-black-leather_cod44558960kl.html) coming in the next few weeks so I'm looking forward to it. It seems like the website only sells size 40 and above now. Do they still make/carry 39.5 in the boutiques?

I like reading your blog so thanks for creating that :)

Yes, on some models they carry 39.5 in boutiques, but sometimes you need to order them, just ask a SLP sale rep.
Those jodhpurs are SS14 Slann. FW14 was the London 20 version.

The leather on your duckies is really nice and they look great worn in. Generally, I've noticed that quality is higher on the runway items on the season that they were on the runway. It seems that when things become permanent collection, they use more basic materials to make them (still nice, but somehow not as special).

New leather being used on permanent collection boots after SS14 doesn't crease as much as the leather used before that. For me I don't like it as much because I like the creasing and aging, but I wonder if it's based on customer feedback or something, because I see a lot of people on the board talking about how to avoid creasing. The old leather would crease up just from being tried on once or twice - may have made it difficult to sell pairs that had been tried on a lot / returned. The truth is quality leather shoes crease quickly - like the old Dior Homme classic pointy derby shoes made from the French leather - thick, buttery soft and probably the nicest leather I've ever handled, but creased very quickly.

Nice writeup about creasing kieran. Thanks for the info, I thought they were fw14 since i bought them in the slp boutique during the fw14 sales.

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
I'm selling some D02 destroyed/trash from SS15 in size 28. Asking retail but open to offers.

http://graile d.com/listings/98671-saint-laurent-ss15-trash-denim-skinny-d02

Last edited:

numb3rs

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm desperately after the pictured side zipped boots (probably the Hedi 30's?)
Either in the displayed colour or the darker brown zip version. Is there any chance to track these down?

I'm also not sure on the exact model or season they are from. Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

malti001

Reaction score
Sorry for the sizing question, but how do the SL/10H's fit? It seems like half are sizing down 1 and the other half are staying TTS, which makes things very confusing since no one carries SLP here.

runningfrog

Reaction score

Sorry for the sizing question, but how do the SL/10H's fit? It seems like half are sizing down 1 and the other half are staying TTS, which makes things very confusing since no one carries SLP here. 

i sized down 1 from my MMM size.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Completed my trifecta. The santiags are actually my favorite and I was the most on the fence about them.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@Jbidwal nice collection. I'm thinking about picking up the suede Santiags as well. Are your suede harness boots the nut suede?

creepinatshirt

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody knew if the 60mm boot came in a chain harness( or any harness)or if its just the ankle strap/zipped. All I see on the ysl site is the ankle strap and i just didnt know wether or not to hold off preordering if they were going to release a harnessed version of the 60 mm.

Also regarding preordering has anyone had any negative experiences with SL when preordering some of the more popular items? Like preorders getting lost or anything?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics