Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Does anyone here live in Brisbane? I might be going there soon for a week and was wondering if there was any stores that sold SLP?

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'd guess that there'll be more styles available. Stores tend to get more than the online store for a start. I'm hoping the plain side zip French will get released in 4.5 cm heel in the cracked shiny leather. I'd take them in the calf if I have to but would prefer the runway leather.

On pre-orders, out of 10 + orders I've had one go wrong where they had to cancel it, and then I had to place it again (it was just before Christmas too when they were really busy). As long as the pre-order is placed, that stock is sold to you on the system and they will contact you if there's any problems with the payment.

3. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

I live in Brisbane, no stores sell SLP.

4. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Anyone have real life pics of the plain black 100% silk t shirts?

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I don't have pictures, but I can tell you that they fit great (slim, boxy in the shoulders, shortish sleeves, slightly short in the body - like the 1950s kind of James Dean fit), and I would highly recommend them if you're on the fence. I've also washed mine in the washer on silk setting, and then dried it flat, and it's held it's shape fine too so care isn't much of a problem. I like them so much I have a second black crew and v neck kept for future.

6. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

Hey everyone,

New to the forum, read some posts and found it very interesting and informative. I was wondering if you guys can give me some pointers on the sizing of the jeans for SLP as it is was my first time buying a SLP denim from a holiday trip to Japan. It was the 355595 Y877F 1000 at size 28. I was wondering if the sizing for the pair I bought would be similar to the other denim jeans produced by SLP (i.e. the inseam length, rise, thigh, etc).

Thanks

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Are those the coated blk denim? If so I found they ran 1or 2 sizes larger when I tried them on. Others may have different experiences as they may vary from season to season.

Welcome to the forum!

8. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

Yes, I believe they are the black coated ones. Thanks for the quick reply!

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Thanks Kieran, also for this jean thinking of getting it
    http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/ysl0120054blu

Its SS15 do I go true or still size down one? Its 15.5cm, are they fitting true or like AW14 looser?

10. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I found the SS15 MII fit more tight on the waste and thigh than my AW14 destroyed MIJ. I can fit both size 28 but the SS15/MII is harder to get over the hips.

11. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

I am looking at this D02 http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/ysl0120041blk

Should I get a size 29 or 30 if i fit an Acne Ace in size 29 ? Downsized from 30

Apologies for the image re-post but im looking to pick up a SLP denim very soon..

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

For reference I take 29 in SLP and my waist measures 30 inches, and my hips measure 91 cm around the widest part of my glutes. A 29 fits me comfortably with some room to spare, but a 28 is too tight.

13. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

apologies in advance as this has probably been asked many times in different ways but how are you all sizing the SL/01H? The official site says 1 down from usual, so if I'm a 10 in Nike highs and lows I'm good with a 42 (US 9) in these?

14. CL628

CL628 Member

I went a half size down. I wear a 10.5 in Nike and a 43 in the SL01H.

15. scanner

scanner Senior member

Splitsides - SL01H is True to size - Stick to 43 if you're a 10 in Nike.

Needhelp - I had those jeans and they fit big and have a much shorter inseam. Tiny pockets and the back pocket is much smaller than others as well. I ended up returning them because they looked like dad jeans. I'm sure you could size down and get it skin tight, but you can do that with any pair of jeans. Just my experience.