Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. slann01

slann01 Senior member

No problem man. Anyway here's my last buy, FW13 chocolate Wyatts:
    [​IMG]

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ those are brown suede? nice...

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

A really dark brown. In some ligthing contiditions you can't even tell if they are Black or Brown lol.

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

They went on sale in stores here to 40% off, I transferred some but they sent the wrong size in the right box and then I couldn't be bothered to transfer more and make more trips to London for them.

The Chelsea version also went on sale online for 40% off (about £350!), but I slept on them and they went. The dark brown looks great with black jeans, and isn't difficult to co-ordinate with black belts which is good. Really wish I'd got them now.

[​IMG]

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Any one got dark stonewash indigo jeans can show a pic of the denim colour? Might want to get a pair but want to know if they are too similar to my raw indigos or not first.

6. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Damn, was the sale on the YSL site? When do you think will happen the sale for this season??

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah it was on the YSL website. I doubt they'd make it to sale with the popularity these days.

I'm not sure when the sale will start. Honestly though, I don't usually find that much I want goes on sale, especially lately.

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Sales on official site are shite

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

These are up on matches. Anyone seen these in person?

10. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Family picture:
    [​IMG]

From left to right: FW14 leather Jodhpur, SS15 chain harness Wyatt, SS13 double buckle Duckies, FW13 chocolate suede Wyatt
    Hope to get a pair of Santiags (suede, lamè or the chain harness one, still need to decide on them) in the next month.

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

hey slann, the skinny belts seem to have weak buckle pins. i thought it was just me but they break on my girlfriend's ones as well. score on the chocolate wyatts, i think those were the best color by far, they go with everything perfectly.

jbidwal, those are the ss15 reissues of the super destroyed jeans. i like mine, but as you can see they're not nearly as destroyed as the originals.

12. thorns

thorns Senior member

hey slann, with boots from these different seasons how do you feel about the leather quality difference?

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

That's a good question, and requires a long answer, so sorry in advance for the wall of text. Everyone of my pairs come from a different season, but the difference is mainly in the model itself. The suede on the chocolate wyatts is extraordinaire, very soft to the touch and really durable, but the same can be said for the black calf used for the chain wyatt and the jodhpur. The duckies have the only real difference in the leather: it's even more soft and supple than the others, but the con ( it may be a bad aspect to some, I don't even mind too much) is that the Black calf used for them is so soft that it generates lots of smooth creases on the upper. But beware - they are really smooth so it may be a sign that high quality, full grain leather has been used for the duckies. And maybe the designer really wanted to achieve this smoothly creased effect, I don't know. The sole construction and the stitches on my different boots are also very similar and well made. Since I have two wyatts and the chain harness one it's the only one in the permanent collection that didn't suffer a dip in the construction quality caused by the additional and smaller leather pieces, the ones who own a normal harness wyatt from fw13 and another season may have the best answer for your question. I hope this little write up helped, sorry for any grammar errors since I'm Italian :)

14. thorns

thorns Senior member

Thanks for the informative reply, slann. I bought this pair http://www.farfetch.com/ca/shopping/men/saint-laurent-zip-boot-item-10472661.aspx last year and it seemed like a hybrid between the new wyatt toe box and a shaft composed of a solid piece of leather. It seems unusual but the website labelled it zip boot and the sticker on the box called it zip strap rock boot. Looking at your SS15 chain harness pair, I actually prefer the new toe box because it looks pointier and more elegant than compared to the FW13 wider design. For my pair, the leather felt quite soft/malleable and luxurious. My only complaints are that the left shoe and right shoe creases differently and that it seemed like they coated the leather with some sort of sheen (it looks shiny and nice but I wonder if they are using it to cover up blemishes). However, the creases are hard to notice, especially when I'm standing up and my foot stretches the leather taut. Just putting my right foot into the boot to try it on for the first time created permanent creases to the inner side of the boot.

I have another pair (looks like this http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/...yatt-boot-in-black-leather_cod44558960kl.html) coming in the next few weeks so I'm looking forward to it. It seems like the website only sells size 40 and above now. Do they still make/carry 39.5 in the boutiques?

I like reading your blog so thanks for creating that :)

15. Lostinnj

Lostinnj Member

Would anyone happen to know where I could find a pair of the tan/beige suede chelsea boots? Not the Wyatt with the heel, but the very simple, basic style with the side gore or the zipper...