Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Those jodhpurs are SS14 Slann. FW14 was the London 20 version.

The leather on your duckies is really nice and they look great worn in. Generally, I've noticed that quality is higher on the runway items on the season that they were on the runway. It seems that when things become permanent collection, they use more basic materials to make them (still nice, but somehow not as special).

New leather being used on permanent collection boots after SS14 doesn't crease as much as the leather used before that. For me I don't like it as much because I like the creasing and aging, but I wonder if it's based on customer feedback or something, because I see a lot of people on the board talking about how to avoid creasing. The old leather would crease up just from being tried on once or twice - may have made it difficult to sell pairs that had been tried on a lot / returned. The truth is quality leather shoes crease quickly - like the old Dior Homme classic pointy derby shoes made from the French leather - thick, buttery soft and probably the nicest leather I've ever handled, but creased very quickly.

2. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  3. thorns

thorns Senior member

I searched up the dior homme pair and I can see how those types of rolling creases look a lot better than sharp line creases. kieran, since you like the more worn-in look do you have any pictures of that type of style fitting into the saint laurent aesthetic? These creases also reminds me of the carol christian poell look which I admire but I find it a bit too rough for me.

By the way, your post about the duffle 12 inspired me to buy one and I really like how it fits when worn with blazers and coats.

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Yes, on some models they carry 39.5 in boutiques, but sometimes you need to order them, just ask a SLP sale rep.
    Nice writeup about creasing kieran. Thanks for the info, I thought they were fw14 since i bought them in the slp boutique during the fw14 sales.

5. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I'm selling some D02 destroyed/trash from SS15 in size 28. Asking retail but open to offers.

http://graile d.com/listings/98671-saint-laurent-ss15-trash-denim-skinny-d02

6. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

Hey guys,

I'm desperately after the pictured side zipped boots (probably the Hedi 30's?)
    Either in the displayed colour or the darker brown zip version. Is there any chance to track these down?

I'm also not sure on the exact model or season they are from. Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. malti001

malti001 Active Member

Sorry for the sizing question, but how do the SL/10H's fit? It seems like half are sizing down 1 and the other half are staying TTS, which makes things very confusing since no one carries SLP here.

8. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i sized down 1 from my MMM size.

9. Junk Thunder

Junk Thunder Member

Just picked up my first SLP shoes yesterday, Wyatt chain harness
    [​IMG]

10. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Tits did they make that chain wyatt in the brown suede color?

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Completed my trifecta. The santiags are actually my favorite and I was the most on the fence about them.

12. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@Jbidwal nice collection. I'm thinking about picking up the suede Santiags as well. Are your suede harness boots the nut suede?

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Yes they are the nut. Really like the texture of the suede on them.

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

for SS15 indigo jeans 15.5cm should i stay true or do i size down like for AW14 destroyed jeans

15. creepinatshirt

creepinatshirt Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody knew if the 60mm boot came in a chain harness( or any harness)or if its just the ankle strap/zipped. All I see on the ysl site is the ankle strap and i just didnt know wether or not to hold off preordering if they were going to release a harnessed version of the 60 mm.

Also regarding preordering has anyone had any negative experiences with SL when preordering some of the more popular items? Like preorders getting lost or anything?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks :)