• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cjbreed

Reaction score
so sorry for the sizing question but i kinda need a quick answer here....

ok, so i was able to try on two pair of slp jeans recently and there was this black waxed pair in D02

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

and this pair in D02

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/...der&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-Yl81_2rjPZn8dDCmjfUsSQ

both fit well. but they did not have the basic D02 raw black stretch denim jean. will it fit the same as these? meaning order the same size? may seem like a silly question but from what i have heard it will vary by season, so i'm referring to a new purchase made this season

measurments for my size on mr p are clearly wrong and i don't really trust ssense either

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help myself - just pre-ordered the mid-waist jeans and the goatskin Saint Germain buckle belt from the runway. I'm going to chill on it now though and wait for the 45 mm boots, and for the knitwear and blazer to hit stores.

chiggah

Reaction score
Okay this is me in Acne Ace size 29 sized down from 30, should I go for 28 or 29 in the SLP D02?

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay this is me in Acne Ace size 29 sized down from 30, should I go for 28 or 29 in the SLP D02?
I may sell some brand new indigo and black raw D02s size 29 from AW 13. Brand new with tags (not even tried on, as I have several pairs the same). Message me if you're interested.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got quite a few messages on the jeans to get through and I'm really pressed for time. Will get back to you all later today.

Just a quick question as well, anybody have the grain de poudre 3 passant belt? I have the calf, but the grain de poudre version has really grown on me. Just wondering how it looks as it ages compared to the calf - like does it crack or anything like that. Thanks.

slann01

Reaction score

I've got quite a few messages on the jeans to get through and I'm really pressed for time. Will get back to you all later today.

Just a quick question as well, anybody have the grain de poudre 3 passant belt? I have the calf, but the grain de poudre version has really grown on me. Just wondering how it looks as it ages compared to the calf - like does it crack or anything like that. Thanks.

I have the grain the poudre one. It still cracks if you wear it a lot, but it's barely unnoticeable unless you examine the belt closely since the leather got the "hammered" treatment.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So the grain de poudre doesn't age any differently to the calf then really? Do you find it pretty versatile? Looks okay with a variety of shoes even though it doesn't match in texture (plain calf, etc.)? I honestly didn't like it when I first tried it SS14, but it's recently grown on me. I think I'm a bit bored of having so many plain calf belts as well so the variety would be nice. The black suede 3 passant is very nice too (something about the shiny buckle against the suede that looks great), but they're not available anymore.

Cheers.

slann01

Reaction score

Thanks. So the grain de poudre doesn't age any differently to the calf then really? Do you find it pretty versatile? Looks okay with a variety of shoes even though it doesn't match in texture (plain calf, etc.)? I honestly didn't like it when I first tried it SS14, but it's recently grown on me. I think I'm a bit bored of having so many plain calf belts as well so the variety would be nice. The black suede 3 passant is very nice too (something about the shiny buckle against the suede that looks great), but they're not available anymore.

Cheers.

I only have 3 belts in my rotation, a normal Black calf, the SLP grain the poudre and a Black one made of real croc that I got from my grandfather. I think its a good triplet and They look great even if they don't match the footwear. It's also nice to have some variation, i think the next one I'm gonna buy it's the suede one with the "arabesque" brass buckle and tip similar to the ones on my ss13 Double buckle duckies.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
i have lots of the skinny studded belts. the buckles always break. maybe i'm just fat :)

slann01

Reaction score

i have lots of the skinny studded belts. the buckles always break. maybe i'm just fat :)

How does that happen neon? They Just break in the smallest part? Do the SLP store replace it? Now I fear that it might happen to mine lol

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slann thanks for the help, went with the grain de poudre in the end. Will probably keep the grain de poudre for best and just wear the calf version for day to day.

Neon that's strange. I have the plain version from AW13 below, and have worn it almost daily for nearly a year and it's still fine. Does the metal crack or something?

Sorry to keep people waiting on the jeans, still haven't decided whether to actually sell or not. Will let you know soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads