• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like a lot of Geller's stuff but the quality is just terrible. I think I'm about ready to give up on the brand.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BlackBird emailed me to see if I wanted measurements on items :eek:

That's nice of them.

Don't like any of the RG stuff though it seems to have a strong following. Reason?

I just inquired about those trousers so let's see if BlackBird follow through. Great service on their part in general.

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like a lot of Geller's stuff but the quality is just terrible. I think I'm about ready to give up on the brand.

really? i have stuff I beat the crap out of, never had any problems.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck but the last 4 pieces I've bought were falling apart after only a few months. (dip dyed sweater, flight pants, and two pairs of denim)

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, I have this bomber and have worn it a ton. It's my only Geller piece and because of it, I've always tried to buy more Geller (no luck).

There's so many nice little details about the bomber, and afaik it's really well made. Holding up well.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_0722.JPG

$493 fits TTS

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice

I just picked them up. 100% tencel
What are they called? Flight pants?

I remember when people were raving about them last year? They are a staple of RG it seems

Are they different than these? Price difference is $100+ but also 100% tencel
http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=RERX-MP14&d=Mens

I think I am getting the flight pants wrong as the Forward seem to have a wider hem

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice
I remember when people were raving about them last year? They are a staple of RG it seems
I think I am getting the flight pants wrong as the Forward seem to have a wider hem

They are tencel? Oh good, I was told they were cotton but I think that person was away from the store at the time so hopefully they were mixed up.

They are called Lounge Pants this season. Really don't understand the price difference, but I guess they are cashing in since they sold so well last season. I knew I should have bought the blue ones from Cave Osaka :brick:

They said they also got Navy Andreas trousers, so I guess that means they are more like the FW11 Andreas than the SS12 Andreas. But they only got those in 46 and up

I got the lounge pants, the gradient sweater, and the drippy looking dip tee

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mello you baller

I thought $493 was a steep price as is lol

^You must shop there a lot. I feel BB does a good job at keeping in touch

Last edited:

ntn1779

Reaction score

Nice

i've got a cropped flight pants from last year. 48%cotton 47% tencel 5%polyurethane.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool

here are the description from the tag for new release:
Body of the pant is 100% Tencel, which is similar to rayon in feel and look but it's washable. Very cool fabric.
The elastic bands are 95% Cotton, 5% Polyurethane

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads