• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple things added to East Dane and they are running an incremental discount now "GOBIG".
Good chance to grab a Casper for cheap(er).

Last edited:

pl0nky

Reaction score
Ugh i just missed out on the casper on the 46! I wanted to size down because its kind of oversized? should i just get a 48?

Edit: Just picked up 48, hope it still fits well. Just didn't want to miss that sale. I was watching that 46 all morning too! Idk how i let it get away

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went true to size and think it's perfect. fwiw though give it half an hour and check again, if you add something to your cart on East Dane it "reserves" it for 30 mins and then it goes back to being shown as in stock. Maybe somebody just added it to the cart and didn't check out.

pl0nky

Reaction score
Thanks, that's reassuring! 48 will likely fit me well. I'll probably just wait to get it and then proceed from there

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum does the photographer shirt for like the bib collarless shirt from a few seasons ago?

I kind of want the floral print shorts and shorts to wear as a combo. I'm pretty lanky though (6'1" 175) so I don't think the shorts will look good on me. Tried some of his looser pants before and they didn't.

thesilentist

Reaction score

Any sizing advice on Vincent parka? Would a 46 work for a 48?

I know I'm a few days late on the reply here, but if you're a traditional 48IT/38R, you can definitely wear a 46 in the Vincent parka.

I'm a 48IT/38R in almost everything and tried on both the 46 and 50 at Meyvn. The 46 fit really nice and it would've been great if I only wanted to wear a shirt or light sweater under it. I ended up going with the 50 because I wanted it oversized and be able to layer a sport coat under it.

The one thing that's not obvious from photos is that the arms are slimmer than you'd expect for a typical fishtail parka. So, this is really the limiting factor for layering (especially with the liner, which goes thru the sleeves).

Anyway, very happy with the pickup, especially at that price right now. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit in Chicago to wear it.

As for the new SS17 stuff Meyvn had, the cupro shirt feels insane. You could mistake it for silk. Not necessarily my personal style, but it was really impressive.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@OccultaVexillum does the photographer shirt for like the bib collarless shirt from a few seasons ago?

I kind of want the floral print shorts and shorts to wear as a combo. I'm pretty lanky though (6'1" 175) so I don't think the shorts will look good on me. Tried some of his looser pants before and they didn't.

You mean the muted stripe bib shirt?
If so then no, photographer shirt is a lot shorter and wider.

Also yeah I really want both the cupro collarless shirt and shorts too. basically anything cupro and/or the floral print.
If cupro was on the map in the 90's Costanza would've been talking about cupro jumpsuits instead of velvet track suits.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice!
I think that fuscia Casper is going to keep the streak going of seasons I've bought two colours of the same thing.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I kopped 52 bomber 10 mins ago.
I really ******* tried not to buy a bomber this season but that price for that colour I had to.

It is fuscia though, right? I don't know what other colour it could be but...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix