• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For reference, these are Chestnut yearling as well with more of a shine & bulled toe.

It was a bit of an experiment that I've since decided against. I wondered if I "could" get a mirror shine on the RMW yearling and determined that it is indeed possible. However, I much prefer a matte finish and removed the wax. I still wear them with anything short of a suit. They are a very versatile boot especially for business travel. I can wear them with a jacket & tie during the day and with chinos or even denim when I'm not working. The matte finish works better with casual attire.

Business travel? With that steel shank?

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, stateside you have to take em off anyway. That said I now wear Dynamic Flex.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE DYNAMIC FLEX BOOTS AVAIL IN WHISKEY RMW

SpeedBird

Reaction score

Well, stateside you have to take em off anyway. That said I now wear Dynamic Flex.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE DYNAMIC FLEX BOOTS AVAIL IN WHISKEY RMW

You can for sure with made to order from the factory.........that way its to your liking...

wesos

Reaction score
For reference, these are Chestnut yearling as well with more of a shine & bulled toe.

It was a bit of an experiment that I've since decided against. I wondered if I "could" get a mirror shine on the RMW yearling and determined that it is indeed possible. However, I much prefer a matte finish and removed the wax. I still wear them with anything short of a suit. They are a very versatile boot especially for business travel. I can wear them with a jacket & tie during the day and with chinos or even denim when I'm not working. The matte finish works better with casual attire.
What style and make of trees do you have in these?

wesos

Reaction score
Last edited:

DJackson

Reaction score
I know personally that Aussie Bushhats and Nungar will submit custom orders. So will the NYC store. I've never ordered your specific Whiskey & dynamic flex sole but I can't see why RMW wouldn't make that since they seem to accept a myriad of other MTO combinations. Did the stores tell you customization was not an option? Or just that the Whiskey with dynamic flex wasn't an option?

kerodean

Reaction score
Today I received my first pair of RM Williams boots, the Rigger boot in a Vesta brown. I know its quite different than the types of boots everyone is ordered in this thread. However I wanted to post some pictures because I could hardly find any pictures when I was considering buying them.

Just a note, I replaced the stock laces with Wolverine 1000 mile laces. If you would like to know anything about them or would like any more pictures let me know. I'll enjoy them in the mean time :D

Rollox

Reaction score
Today I received my first pair of RM Williams boots, the Rigger boot in a Vesta brown. I know its quite different than the types of boots everyone is ordered in this thread. However I wanted to post some pictures because I could hardly find any pictures when I was considering buying them.

Just a note, I replaced the stock laces with Wolverine 1000 mile laces. If you would like to know anything about them or would like any more pictures let me know. I'll enjoy them in the mean time
biggrin.gif
Hey mate, you said you used the 1K laces, how do they fit in comparison? Also, do they have a removable insole, it looks like not but I can wish.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Oh well, I'll have to pass on R.M.Williams.

They fouled up my first MTO, and I think they fouled up the second. It looks 'off' anyway.

I placed the original order in December - 8 months ago!

Got a refund.

First MTO:

Second MTO:

Note the bulge in the leather as it pushes against the heel counter, and the deep triangular shape.

Don't get me wrong - they are a great maker. Perhaps I'm just unlucky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads