• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score

Wow that sucks. The 1st is just terrible. The 2nd - is your heel not snug in the back of the boot? It just looks like your heels are swimming back there. Mine appear to want to do this too but don't because my heel is preventing it. Actually, I'll have to see what mine do when I arch my foot forward like that. Do you have any pics of the boots when you are just standing or taking a normal stride in them? No offence by the way; I'm just curious.
Best of luck if you ever try again.

Well, no response from R.M.Williams.

Pretty crappy customer service. I don't think I'll ever buy from them again.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forum special is still available?

There is no 'forum special' as such, i.e. a special arrangement with RM Williams for boots in a particular spec. You need to take the specs mentioned in this thread and special order the boot from one of the vendors, e.g. Black French veal calf on the B543 last with screwed leather soles (can't remember exactly what the 'forum special' is but that's just an example)

brendonc

Reaction score

Well, no response from R.M.Williams.
Pretty crappy customer service. I don't think I'll ever buy from them again.

Try giving them a call. I've never had anything but the best in service from them - they even replaced a pair of boots that I had scuffed - I was just asking how much to have them repair it! :D (and yes, this was a direct approach to their customer service email address).

alladin

Reaction score
Having read the sizing for the forum special - do you need to go up a whole size and down a width?

I wear 8.5 in an F fitting in the craftsman so the MTO forum special would be 9.5 in an E fitting?

Also, is the fitting on these boots very snug?

Opinions appreciated, thanks

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Is it possible to order the Cavalier watch from RM Williams with detachable bands or have them custom made? I love the watch but I'd need to be able to swap between black and tan.

wesos

Reaction score
Having read the sizing for the forum special - do you need to go up a whole size and down a width?
I wear 8.5 in an F fitting in the craftsman so the MTO forum special would be 9.5 in an E fitting?
Also, is the fitting on these boots very snug?
Opinions appreciated, thanks
From the OP:

If You Know Your Size in the Craftsman Already

Go up a whole size and down two width letter

Craftsman size 10H: Forum Special size would be 11F
Craftsman size 10G: Forum Special size would be 11E
Craftsman size 10F: Forum Special size would be 11D

tomee

Reaction score
received my Kangaroo comfort craftsman while i was away on Holiday

should i condition these before wearing? (lexol)

7821497b.jpg

i wore these around the house for abit before taking the pic

Last edited:

Lear

Reaction score
I don't have any kangaroo chelsea boots, just a pair of their Murray lace shoes in kangaroo. From the word go, I've only ever applied RMW Leather & Saddle Dressing. Two years ago I smeared on a thin coat of coloured Saphir cream. That's it for me. The beauty of kangaroo is in the grain. Very tough and very easy to maintain. I use Renovateur on every other shoe, but when it comes to kangaroo I break out the RMW dressing.

N.B. RMW dressing needs warmth to go on properly. I usually leave by the window on a warm day, then apply with the warmth of my bare fingers. Washes off skin easily.

Lear

brendonc

Reaction score
Lear - which Saphir polish matches Chestnut the best?

(also, I've followed your RM polishing posts in the shoe care thread as well - am going to attempt a shine!)

brendonc

Reaction score

(also, I've followed your RM polishing posts in the shoe care thread as well - am going to attempt a shine!)

Answer to my own question - marron fonce (Saphir dark brown)

On another note, check out the Veal Brandy Dynamic Flex Craftsmans:

Very tempted :nest: :facepalm:

Last edited:

SpeedBird

Reaction score

received my Kangaroo comfort craftsman while i was away on Holiday
should i condition these before wearing? (lexol

When i got my pair (MTO Kangaroo in Blaxland with Chestnut colour) mid last year. I applied 3 separate layers over time usually left overnight or a few days of the RM Williams Leather Conditioner to mine before wearing then out in the streets. They felt a little softer and the shine is brilliant. The colour stands well. So now every month i just give then one coat and they look like new.

So its users choice, depending on how you want to maintain and care for then. :D

Lear

Reaction score

It was only ever an experiment to try with RM's. Remember, I'm not normal :embar:. Most here would prefer a normal wax and buff on these boots. Dress shoes are a completely different matter. Other folk have tried; most coming to the conclusion that RM's are best treated as a casual/work boot.

Would hate to see follow-up posts on how to remove 200 coats of mirror shine wax.

Lear (waiting for new suede options to appear)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads