• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brendonc

Reaction score
I was weak :violin:

The seasonal Brandy Veal Dynamic Flex Craftsmans

And now for a line-up comparison...

From left to right - Aztec Nubuck craftsman, Brandy Veal Dynamic Flex Craftsman, Chestnut Yearling Dynamic Flex Craftsman, Black Yearling Dynamic Flex Craftsman, Black Veal Forum Special, and a fraud :facepalm:

brendonc

Reaction score

Hi everybody
I'm new to the forum and since there are  not many camels to be seen: Here they come.
Standard Craftsman, Chisel Square Toe, Oil Resistant Sole, black Camel
As you can see, they are fresh from the box.

Greetings
Yellowracer

The grain on this looks alot finer than the grain on the chestnut camels a few pages back. Good stuff!

brendonc

Reaction score

So if I may ask, what were the approximate amounts that people paid for the Forum Special model? I've checked a few places and they seem to range from $450 USD to $515 USD or so. I believe I purchased my comfort craftsman a few years ago for the high 200's or low 300's. I'm assuming the "forum special" model is just a more expensive configuration, but I wanted to make sure and to see a ballpark of what others paid.
Thanks!

$450 AUD from Barry at bootsonline (includes 10% GST, or sales tax) - you will get this taken off if you are buying internationally, but then you have to pay shipping.

Major reason for increased expense in the forum special is the leather (veal calf). You can get the forum special in Yearling for low 300's.

ap10046

Reaction score
The postman just dropped off a parcel from Australia!
Dealing with Sue, from The Stable Door was a pleasure. Good prices too!

But, I just find my new Dynamic Flex's quite frumpy looking...maybe it's me...but I'm just not "feeling" them..a large part of me was hoping they would be sleeker than my old Craftsmans.
Oh well, B&S, here we come...

brendonc

Reaction score

But, I just find my new Dynamic Flex's quite frumpy looking...maybe it's me...but I'm just not "feeling" them..a large part of me was hoping they would be sleeker than my old Craftsmans.
Oh well, B&S, here we come...

They look good! If you wanted a sleeker toe, then check out the Macquarie...

ap10046

Reaction score
Is it my imagination, or does this generic Dynamic Flex Craftsman picture make them look MUCH sleeker with a MUCH more chiseled toe?
Mine look like a pair of bloody fish!

d782b0bf24198513a29e1c49aab34662.jpg

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Are the dynamic flex craftsmans leather-lined? I am undecided between the comfort craftsman and dynamic flex craftsman? Any noticeable differences besides the soles?

brendonc

Reaction score

Are the dynamic flex craftsmans leather-lined? I am undecided between the comfort craftsman and dynamic flex craftsman? Any noticeable differences besides the soles?

Yes they are leather lined. Only differences are the sole, and the Dynamic flex uses a fibreglass shank rather than metal shank (although they might all be fibreglass now)

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Thanks Brendon. I live in Wisconsin, which sole would be better for winter? I though I read earlier in the thread that the comfort craftsman sole is quite slippery in the ice and snow? Would the dynamic flex be a better option?

brendonc

Reaction score

Thanks Brendon. I live in Wisconsin, which sole would be better for winter? I though I read earlier in the thread that the comfort craftsman sole is quite slippery in the ice and snow? Would the dynamic flex be a better option?

I've used the dynamic craftsman on snow, and the result was...painful.

The better sole for winter is called the "treaded sole" - only available on a made to order. You could get a comfort craftsman with a treaded sole, for example...

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm in need of a little help. I'm just wondering at what point do I get my Santa Fe boots re-soled?
They are pretty worn, but there are no holes in the soul yet... Should I wait for the sole to go completely? Or get them done now?

Thanks,

Grytter

Reaction score
Hi,

i was looking for a pair of RM Williams, which one should i get as an all arounder?

milw50717

Reaction score

Hello All, 
I'm in need of a little help. I'm just wondering at what point do I get my Santa Fe boots re-soled? 
They are pretty worn, but there are no holes in the soul yet... Should I wait for the sole to go completely? Or get them done now? 

Thanks, 

No hard and fast rules as to when to get them re-soled. It is partly cosmetic and partly to avoid any potential damage if a hole were to develop.

If you can feel that the soles are pretty thin, I'd do it now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads