• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
jEEEZZZZZZZZZZOOOOZZZZZZ Lear, how long did you spend on the whiskies to get them like that?
Just rubbed them on the back of my trousers. Takes no more than 15 seconds per shoe.

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
The problem My MTO claret and whiskey Comfort Craftsman boots (12H), have always been baggier across the top. than my store bought black 12H. They should all fit exactly the same. Also, just crossing the road on a rainy day will put pink spots on the claret pair. The solution (I hope) Took the claret pair to the RMW store. They're going to be re-lasted to an accurate 12H. Also, the 'comfort' will be ripped out, like that scene from Alien! I've asked for a screwed leather sole to be put in its place. My reasoning: I can't wear claret in the UK rain anyway, so why not reserve them for drier days. I also can't help with pricing info, as it's all up in the air at the moment. Partly, this is an excuse to see how the screwed sole looks. If it works out OK, I can see myself doing the same again for the whiskey pair. I will of course post pics when they return in 4-6 weeks. However, it'll be hard to know if the difference in fit is down to to just the re-lasting, or the screwed sole as well. Lear (the ugly one)
To save retelling the same story, I'm quoting the above post of mine. Collected the boots from Bond Street today. The total coat was £90. Quite a bit of dosh, I know. The people in Australia did a splendid job though. The first thing I noticed was how much lighter (in weight) they were. Then, unbelievably, the comfort. I actually find the thin leather sole more conforming and comfortable than the CC innards. I'll see if this comfort extends through the months and years. The screwed sole gives them a very sleek appearance. Too early to say how vulnerable is the less protected toe area. My biggest surprise was that they'd returned the leather to factory finish. So expertly done was this, that I was convinced they'd built me a brand new pair. It's only the inside of the boot that gives it away as having been previously worn. And yes, they've somehow managed to turn a boot from sloppy fit to perfect fit, by the magic of re-lasting. Edit: Here are a few pics, showing the low profile screwed sole. The dark brown patch next to the elastic is dried conditioner, not a defect:
claret_2.jpg
claret_1.jpg
bottom_claret.jpg
Lear (the ugly one)

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question about the pull-tabs:

Is it possible to repair / replace them if they have been removed?

Xyst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
A question about the pull-tabs:

Is it possible to repair / replace them if they have been removed?

I asked the NYC store that question when I bought mine, and they said the answer was yes. They apparently had a customer who didn't like the look of them and cut them off and then couldn't get the boots on after that. Long story short, they ended putting new ones on that pair of boots.

ThomasoAIK

Reaction score
Just noticed on bootsonline that you can get a RMW chukka style boot now.

B456KAngle400.gif

Anyone knows if it will it be possible to get this model on there other lasts just like there regular boots? Going to send a mail ans ask them but why not ask here first when its night overthere.

Ged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomasoAIK

B456KAngle400.gif

Anyone knows if it will it be possible to get this model on there other lasts just like there regular boots? Going to send a mail ans ask them but why not ask here first when its night overthere.

That boot is a new leather too - chocolate Kangaroo.
RMW will make any boot on any last, but for an upcharge.

Ged

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xyst
I asked the NYC store that question when I bought mine, and they said the answer was yes. They apparently had a customer who didn't like the look of them and cut them off and then couldn't get the boots on after that. Long story short, they ended putting new ones on that pair of boots.

laugh.gif
That is a fail of epic proportions.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ged
That boot is a new leather too - chocolate Kangaroo. Ged
That boot in a wrinkled kangaroo would look great. I was going to grab some suede craftsmans, but now maybe this. Any other shots of it? lefty

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
That boot is a wrinkled kangaroo would look great. I was going to grab some suede craftsmans, but now maybe this. Any other shots of it?

lefty

+1

Xyst

Reaction score
Okay, picked up my pair of Queenslanders the other week and got a coat of polish on them last night. Nothing fancy, a quick dab of yellow and a neutral high gloss on top for a bit of sheen. The nice thing is that these boots are available with the comfort soles (both the rubber sole, and the comfort insole...one or both) as a MTO option. I bought them through the NYC store, they were really helpful as far as getting me the right size and ordering a pair to try on before going the MTO route.

These boots are ridiculously wide, don't even think about ordering them unless you're at least a legit EEE. I wear a EEEE new balance and a EEE in all of my dress shoes (Alden, AE, etc.) and I actually have some wiggle room in the boots even when I wear my thicker cut boot socks.

Note that some of the retailers will tell you that the Queenslander and the Tambo are the same boot as they are both an "X" width. This is not true, they are actually seperate lasts, with the Tambo being slightly more angular than the Queenslander.

Queenslander, Whiskey, Comfort Sole:
4548201957_279c54141c_o.jpg

4548201901_33d3965f0b_o.jpg

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomasoAIK
B456KAngle400.gif

This is really nice, especially on that last. I'm starting to see myself as a chukka wearer.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
i wasnt so overwhelmed by the RM.W Chukka when i saw it in the flesh.
thought it was blobby, its on its own indervidual last.
just my 2c anyhoo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads