• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

petr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
B456KAngle400.gif

Isn't this the Simpson?

That is a US Navy Boondocker.

-AJ-

Reaction score
Quick question - has anyone purchased RM Williams shoes using the forum special (voucher) pricing from Nungar lately? Did you get the low price available?

Cheers,

AJ

Normally voucher pricing is only offered to selected professional organisation members and the like. However, at my request Steve has agreed to sell to all forums members at the voucher prices mentioned on the item details of this webpage:

http://www.nungar.com.au/shop/items....124.168.17.139

All you have to do is mention "Style Forum special voucher price deal" when you order.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to order a turnout in chestnut, and would love some opinions on the choice of leather.

Instead of the yearling leather, I'm considering greasy kip (the leather that's on the yard boot). I love the look of the greasy kip and prefer it to the yearling for casual wear (these will be worn with denim and chinos only). I considered just getting the yard boot, but the turnout seems to fit me better, and I prefer the turnout's configuration with the leather sole and full leather linings over the standard yard boot details (rubber sole, half-lined).

Is there any reason that the greasy kip wouldn't go well with the turnout? I think it'll be great. But I haven't the RM Williams experience that others do and I wonder if there might be some important consideration escaping me. Thanks

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 months later, I couldn't be happier with my RM Roo CC's. they fit like a glove, are super comfortable, and look great.

I have tried on other Chelseas since buying these. C&J's Benchgrade Chelseas, AE Tauntons, and Grenson Footmasters, all of which probably had about as much wear as my RM's. none of them came close to the RM's, I would take them even over the C&J's, easy

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
6 months later, I couldn't be happier with my RM Roo CC's. they fit like a glove, are super comfortable, and look great.

I have tried on other Chelseas since buying these. C&J's Benchgrade Chelseas, AE Tauntons, and Grenson Footmasters, all of which probably had about as much wear as my RM's. none of them came close to the RM's, I would take them even over the C&J's, easy

+1

In my experience, I've found RMW and Baxter boots to be the best, most comfortable wholecut chelseas and bargains (compared to the cost of the higher-end UK models) to boot.

Chris - NZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by -AJ-
Quick question - has anyone purchased RM Williams shoes using the forum special (voucher) pricing from Nungar lately? Did you get the low price available?

Cheers,

AJ

Normally voucher pricing is only offered to selected professional organisation members and the like. However, at my request Steve has agreed to sell to all forums members at the voucher prices mentioned on the item details of this webpage:

http://www.nungar.com.au/shop/items....124.168.17.139

All you have to do is mention “Style Forum special voucher price deal” when you order.

I believe the 'Style Forum' special was the result of Sator's diligence when he was working on this thread a few years ago - so it's no longer available. You'll find that Steve's prices are well below retail anyway that nobody else comes close. I just received my craftsman and waiting on buckle boots.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
teh forum special was just a veal upper boot with the B529 last, increased the size of the shoe one size larger than usual with a flat heal and a brass screw sole, its just a MTO boot with the above specs, you can still get it if you feel like it

Wrigglez

Reaction score
^^ RMW have them, i have them, but they are rubish, get some woodlore or cedarville ones.
RMW ones dont fit the shoes at all

petr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Out of interest, where do find trees for your RM boots? Do RM make them? In cedar?

I ordered the cederville boot trees and they work great.

petr

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics wearing the veal calf turnout? I am wondering if it is too dressy for jeans.

beebleb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpeedBird
Introducing the NEW Dynamic Flex Comfort Craftsman Boot

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.as...6C70EB124BD6E4

Something new, any thoughts to this brand new release boot.

Now you can have a choice of soles, no matter which one you pick, there is a sole to fit your purpose.

Just saw this on the RMW site today; pretty interesting sole!

Fibreglass shank sounds good, not sure if I like how the sole itself looks (with the rubber insert in the leather). That being said, if this was around, I wouldn't have gotten my rubber soled Roo CC; I would have gotten this instead. Will this wear well?

Oh, and will this be a resole option?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads