• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Thanks.
And what about the quality and fit of the jacket?
Fit just the same as non amoury models. I got the handgrade one. Really please with it.
For comparison sake, I am a typical 38S. I got a RingJacket from brogue size 50 (1 size up if u not buying from the Amoury), which fit me super well. LMJ-06 fits just like that. Of course you have different fabric types and patterns to pick which is a huge bonus.

Last edited:

tmsgks

Reaction score
So
Fit just the same as non amoury models. I got the handgrade one. Really please with it.
For comparison sake, I am a typical 38S. I got a RingJacket from brogue size 50 (1 size up if u not buying from the Amoury), which fit me super well. LMJ-06 fits just like that. Of course you have different fabric types and patterns to pick which is a huge bonus.
So I should size up?
For reference, I currently have a Cavour model 2 that fits me almost perfectly. Size 46 IT.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
So

So I should size up?
For reference, I currently have a Cavour model 2 that fits me almost perfectly. Size 46 IT.
I would measure the jackets and check against lamarche size chart. it is accurate as far as I concern. I am a 38S in SuitSupply, which i believe gonna be so with Cavour as well. So yea, 1 size up if I was you. (I do size 50 Lamarche btw)

BlondJamesBlond

Reaction score
Could you please comment on the quality and fit of the jacket you've purchased?
I'm 5'11 and very thin. My La Marche jacket has required the least amount of tailoring of all the Ring Jacket sport coats I've purchased (Armoury model 3 & 11, and a couple jackets from Andrea Seoul). With the other jackets, I usually need the chest brought in a bit. I wear a 36r in the Armoury jackets and a 38 in the others.

As for quality, I've purchased two hand grade jackets and they both seem great.

tmsgks

Reaction score
I'm 5'11 and very thin. My La Marche jacket has required the least amount of tailoring of all the Ring Jacket sport coats I've purchased (Armoury model 3 & 11, and a couple jackets from Andrea Seoul). With the other jackets, I usually need the chest brought in a bit. I wear a 36r in the Armoury jackets and a 38 in the others.

As for quality, I've purchased two hand grade jackets and they both seem great.
Witch size did you end up choosing?
Did you size up?

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Lamarche size 48 seems to long for me...
I honestly don't know what to do...
I have a Drake's. It length is 30.5. My comparable RingJacket is 29.5, Lamarche LMJ-06 is about 30.
That is .5 inch different in length. I don't think it is that bad.

tmsgks

Reaction score
So, I'm about to purchase a laMarche model LMJ01, which as far as I know is based on RJ 184 model.
Has somebody here purchased this particular model?

hitsuji

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a lamarche Double Breasted? Keen to see how they fit - definitely looks like I will need to size up from 46 to 48 based on the measurements on the website even compared to the JDM models

Last edited:

hitsuji

Reaction score

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I stumbled across a vintage store that had a bunch of "Feather Jacket Designed by Ring Jacket" jackets. They were also labeled Hilton. I figured these were back from when Ring Jacket did more private label stuff, but I was curious if anybody had any information about them. Jackets were, unfortunately, not my size, but they looked great!

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Looks like Lamarche have finally released their LMJ-07 jackets - differences of note I’ve noticed are the lower gorge and slightly structured shoulder - seems quite interesting but I do see that they’ve had to raise their prices slightly for their newer offerings

Blog post on the new model: https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?blogId=dnrtka&logNo=223158757155&proxyReferer=https://shop.lamarche.co.kr/
how do you find them compare to lmj06? i still prefer 06 look over 07 for now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads