• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

tmsgks

Reaction score
By the way guys,

I'm selling an UNWORN la Marche LMJ06 blazer (the actual blazer, navy blue with gold buttons) , in size 46.

Here you can find all the details and photos.

If you're interested, please send me a private message.
I will be more than happy to provide you with photos and videos.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't make me research please. Somebody school me to the Ring offerings @ Andrea Seoul? Seems like they primarily have black/white/maester labels? What (aside from maester, which seems top of the line) means what?

hitsuji

Reaction score
Don't make me research please. Somebody school me to the Ring offerings @ Andrea Seoul? Seems like they primarily have black/white/maester labels? What (aside from maester, which seems top of the line) means what?
I'm just going on the baseline of what LeMarche have since I've had a chat with David about the difference of the models and I'd imagine they would be the same as Andrea Seoul.

• AS White Label = Lamarche Napoli - Completely machine made (Although David has said that this 23f/w season that white label/napoli will be discontinued)
  • AS Black Label = Lamarche Black Label - 10-20% Handmade
  • AS Meister/H-Grade = Lamarche Hand Grade 30-40% Handmade with "different shoulder and collar construction"
Edit: Speaking to the Armoury folks, I believe their models are of similar quality to the Black Label stuff. Seems only the MTM stuff is at Ring Jacket Meister level

From what I hear, RJ doesn't tend to do handiwork on areas where it doesn't improve the garment. Some Examples of what hand work they do are "Camicia shoulder and the special lining on the inside of the sleeves. In addition, all the buttonholes are made by hand. The canvas is made of a higher quality as well" - https://lundochlund.com/blogs/editorial/ring-jacket

Last edited:

tmsgks

Reaction score
David is so friendly...

Always ready to have a chat and answer all sorts of questions!

tmsgks

Reaction score
Guys, i just dropped the price of my Lamarche LMJ06.
Now asking just 285 euro.

If the offer intrigues you, please send me a private message here on SF!!

Here is the link to my classified:

Last edited:

tmsgks

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Given that i have a 53 - 54 cm chest, witch Lamarche size should I pick up?
48? or maybe a 50?

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to size up from a 52R from my other RJ to a 54 for LaMarche after I went in person to try on their items.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you sized up two times? Or is size 52R your regular size?
I would guess that I'm a 50R in the Armoury RJ. I'm a 40R in American sizing. 52 for RJ japan based on online purchases I made from their (ringjacket usa facing) website. But 54 specifically for Lamarche house cut.

Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Ring Jacket balmacaan from Andrea Seoul in natural Marling & Evans wool. It's like wearing a plush blanket, I love it!
1699648936641.png

1699648944900.png
1699648918732.png

MacGuffen

Reaction score
This is gorgeous!
How do you find it, fit wise?
This is a size 50, and I'm a 50 in Ring Jacket NO-254 sports coat. I wouldn't want it any smaller in the chest when buttoned, but it's very roomy everywhere else, including the arms and sleeves, and obviously the waist (by design). I think a coat like this looks best with some drape and room, especially with this heavy fabric.

Apparently, the model on the website is about my size and is wearing 48, and I probably think I could have worn 48 as well. But then I would not be able to layer as much underneath. In the first two pictures above I'm wearing a thick shawl cardigan underneath.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the above balmacaan in the brown/dark brown makeup M&E a few weeks ago. It's amazing (I was lusting after I saw one at The Armoury last year, and as soon as I realized there was a shop that had it in stock I had to get it).

I went up a size to 54, based on the measurements and The Armoury's suggestions for other RJ overcoats, from my normal Model 3/253 52 (I take the same size, different fit). I think it was a good choice for my intended fit, albeit a bit on the oversized aspect, to be worn over tailoring and heavy sweaters.

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a NWT pair of Twills in size 48;

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads