• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

siegolindo

Reaction score
IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
Novacento Loafer in black calf, perfetta last, with metal toe tips. Best fitting loafers Hands down.

wengxiah

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone who requested a refund before that incident has now received their refund? I tried to do this with the new owner but, you know. I could never imagine an order of a pair of shoes would one day become such a chronic pain in ******.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone who requested a refund before that incident has now received their refund? I tried to do this with the new owner but, you know. I could never imagine an order of a pair of shoes would one day become such a chronic pain in ******.
I know few ppl who's order has been full filled and they got there shoes fron new owner Marco. So I am very sure you will get your shoes or refund etc.

wengxiah

Reaction score
I know few ppl who's order has been full filled and they got there shoes fron new owner Marco. So I am very sure you will get your shoes or refund etc.

not sure if it is true that emails these days are so easily got swallowed by the void, but I finally got an email response stating that in the past 20-30days 'I did not send any email' while i really have sent 4. bad news is getting refund is impossible, the good news is making shoes may be viable

Steenburg

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,

I am very interested in Bestetti shoes. But here in Korea we don't have retail shops or agent for Bestetti and only few people know about this brand. (I guess I can count the number of people who had experience of bestetti with my fingers.)

One of the good person in SF recommend me the Bestetti and I am talking with Dr. Marco(New owner of Bestetti). He's very kind and provides a close support for my choice.

But I only have a just one concern about it's width. Normally Italian shoes are sharp and narrow, so normal Asian people like me sometimes need to half size up the shoes.

I am wearing Crockett and Jones UK 8.5E and It's Perfect fit for me.
Here's my question, May I order RTW Bestetti with UK 8.5E size?
Or should I half or one size up for my wide foot(it's around 10.5cm)

Any responses will be really appreciated. Thanx in advance.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Similarly, I also wear UK 8.5 regular width in most lasts.
Bestetti lasts are not narrow. Most of their lasts, though having a fairly prominent taper at the toe box, are slightly elongated to make up for this.
The more difficult part to fit, is the high instep. And may require a sock liner, for low instep folks.
I certainly do not recommend sizing up, and for more narrow footed, low instep guys, might need sizing down.

Steenburg

Reaction score
^
Similarly, I also wear UK 8.5 regular width in most lasts.
Bestetti lasts are not narrow. Most of their lasts, though having a fairly prominent taper at the toe box, are slightly elongated to make up for this.
The more difficult part to fit, is the high instep. And may require a sock liner, for low instep folks.
I certainly do not recommend sizing up, and for more narrow footed, low instep guys, might need sizing down.

Thank you so much! That's very helpful information for me.
Normally Far east Asian people (Korea, Japan,,,) has a high instep. That makes us get pain with English Shoes sometimes. I might go with UK 8.5E of Bestetti.

We ourselves complain about our high instep and wide foot, that's not fit for English shoes frequently. But I guess Bestetti might not have a problem with me for sizing.

It helped me a lot. Actually I am waiting for Dr. Marco Facchinetti's Mail for my size advice.
If I get one, I will upload the photo of shoes here.
Thanks!!!!

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! That's very helpful information for me.
Normally Far east Asian people (Korea, Japan,,,) has a high instep. That makes us get pain with English Shoes sometimes. I might go with UK 8.5E of Bestetti.

We ourselves complain about our high instep and wide foot, that's not fit for English shoes frequently. But I guess Bestetti might not have a problem with me for sizing.

It helped me a lot. Actually I am waiting for Dr. Marco Facchinetti's Mail for my size advice.
If I get one, I will upload the photo of shoes here.
Thanks!!!!
So thunder march is spot on rtw shoes definitely has high instep & you will be 8.5uk for sure. Since I am your size also on c&j shoes. Also I would recommend trying on his shoes if you have a chance. He is doing trunk shows all over Asia. I ended up doing his mtm novecento line since I have low instep & narrow feet.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not terribly exciting, but thought I'd post a pic of one of the original RTW shoes after two years of wear. Easily my most worn pair (usually multiple times per week). Still very solid and comfortable. I had neglected them recently, but just polished and touched up a worn spot on the heel from a lot of driving.

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6122.JPG
IMG_6106.JPG

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fit? From spiga?

With a higher instep, perfect for me on both RTW lasts (9 UK = 10D US). This was from the first Spiga batch. I almost ordered a backup from the restock, but stuck with the York. The newer RTW models have some minor refinements to the heel/waist construction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads