Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. siegolindo

siegolindo Member

IMG_0967.JPG IMG_0970.JPG IMG_0966.JPG IMG_0964.JPG Novacento Loafer in black calf, perfetta last, with metal toe tips. Best fitting loafers Hands down.

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

They look good man I am waiting on my test shoes then mto coming in !! Very impressed with his selection !!

3. wengxiah

wengxiah Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone who requested a refund before that incident has now received their refund? I tried to do this with the new owner but, you know. I could never imagine an order of a pair of shoes would one day become such a chronic pain in my ass.

4. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I know few ppl who's order has been full filled and they got there shoes fron new owner Marco. So I am very sure you will get your shoes or refund etc.

5. wengxiah

wengxiah Well-Known Member

not sure if it is true that emails these days are so easily got swallowed by the void, but I finally got an email response stating that in the past 20-30days 'I did not send any email' while i really have sent 4. bad news is getting refund is impossible, the good news is making shoes may be viable

6. Steenburg

Steenburg Member

Dear Gentlemen,

I am very interested in Bestetti shoes. But here in Korea we don't have retail shops or agent for Bestetti and only few people know about this brand. (I guess I can count the number of people who had experience of bestetti with my fingers.)

One of the good person in SF recommend me the Bestetti and I am talking with Dr. Marco(New owner of Bestetti). He's very kind and provides a close support for my choice.

But I only have a just one concern about it's width. Normally Italian shoes are sharp and narrow, so normal Asian people like me sometimes need to half size up the shoes.

I am wearing Crockett and Jones UK 8.5E and It's Perfect fit for me.
    Here's my question, May I order RTW Bestetti with UK 8.5E size?
    Or should I half or one size up for my wide foot(it's around 10.5cm)

Any responses will be really appreciated. Thanx in advance.

7. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

^
    Similarly, I also wear UK 8.5 regular width in most lasts.
    Bestetti lasts are not narrow. Most of their lasts, though having a fairly prominent taper at the toe box, are slightly elongated to make up for this.
    The more difficult part to fit, is the high instep. And may require a sock liner, for low instep folks.
    I certainly do not recommend sizing up, and for more narrow footed, low instep guys, might need sizing down.

8. Steenburg

Steenburg Member

Thank you so much! That's very helpful information for me.
    Normally Far east Asian people (Korea, Japan,,,) has a high instep. That makes us get pain with English Shoes sometimes. I might go with UK 8.5E of Bestetti.

We ourselves complain about our high instep and wide foot, that's not fit for English shoes frequently. But I guess Bestetti might not have a problem with me for sizing.

It helped me a lot. Actually I am waiting for Dr. Marco Facchinetti's Mail for my size advice.
    If I get one, I will upload the photo of shoes here.
    Thanks!!!!

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

So thunder march is spot on rtw shoes definitely has high instep & you will be 8.5uk for sure. Since I am your size also on c&j shoes. Also I would recommend trying on his shoes if you have a chance. He is doing trunk shows all over Asia. I ended up doing his mtm novecento line since I have low instep & narrow feet.

10. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Not terribly exciting, but thought I'd post a pic of one of the original RTW shoes after two years of wear. Easily my most worn pair (usually multiple times per week). Still very solid and comfortable. I had neglected them recently, but just polished and touched up a worn spot on the heel from a lot of driving.

IMG_6114.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG IMG_6106.JPG

11. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

How's the fit? From spiga?

13. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

With a higher instep, perfect for me on both RTW lasts (9 UK = 10D US). This was from the first Spiga batch. I almost ordered a backup from the restock, but stuck with the York. The newer RTW models have some minor refinements to the heel/waist construction.