• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

recs for good gloves for lifting weights

animeman05

Reaction score
Are you a hand model? If not then strengthen your grip and toughen up by not using gloves.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmadha
Are you a hand model? If not then strengthen your grip and toughen up by not using gloves.

+1

chalk or straps if you need it

nothing screams "broseur" like gloves

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicks dig calluses. It's why I masturbate with chalk.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure the color matches your purse.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
I used to subscribe to the whole "gloves are for pussies" thing until my hands looked like this:

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
I used to subscribe to the whole "gloves are for pussies" thing until my hands looked like this:

And this kiddies is why we don't recommend high-rep snatches for time.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
At least on my end it wouldn't be sarcasm. Looks like someone used Mark Rippetoe's joke from Starting Strength about the purse-matching already.. tears happen as evidenced by the picture sometimes but oh well.

I feel my grip strength is one of my weak points so I definitely don't use gloves. I don't use straps either but if I was going for maximal lifts I'd use the seat belt style ones. In addition to the *****-factor (which sounds like a good thing but in this case isn't), don't gloves just straight up increase the circumference of the bar, thus making the lift more difficult? This reason alone would be enough to keep me from using gloves.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your palms are soft. It suggests that you didn't have decent calluses at first. That said, I've had my calluses torn off after doing too much KB work. It's not fun.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're gripping the bar wrong. Hold the bar in your fingers, not your palms, and you'd have been fine.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No gloves. I don't see anyone lifting heavy with gloves usually. Chalk and straps sure, but no gloves.

Monaco

Reaction score
I've lost several pairs of gloves and don't use them now, and callous are not attractive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads