• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
You should give credit where credit is due
sarcasm.gif

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
<3sipang softy jet

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah nice stuff man

Yahoo Japan is amazing for little people

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raf (for either Jil or for mainline) metallics are unbeatable.

I have the metallic graphic neck and the shawl collar double placket metallic cardigan and I love them.

Could do with more too.

SPK

Reaction score
What service do you guys use when you buy from yahoo Japan? Hide-san? Also, do you guys just use google translator to browse?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hide's the best.
Look up search terms and learn how to navigate through trial and error.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
1: Please do, but check the condescension at the door. Express your opinion as such, not as fact.
Sorry man, I'm not purposefully trying to be condescending. I feel driven to compare and draw analogies between everything in order to discuss and learn something new. I don't always know where it will lead and even you arguing with me is forcing me to refine my opinions further. When I took one of those Jung/MBTI personality tests recently I got a score of 100 on Extroverted Intuition, which would explain why I seem to favor this way of thinking about things. But I realize that for others whom do not share a similar thinking preference, my ideas may sometimes appear seemingly random and not well thought out. I wish you could see the difference between the wjk and W+H sweats in person. The quality difference is not subtle! It is so obvious that I felt so excited and giddy upon receiving the wjk sweats-- almost like a kid with his Christmas presents. I'm not sure why you're so inclined to argue that I'm wrong, especially since you have never seen the wjk piece.
Originally Posted by Brinbro
That people took ill-advised suggestions from this forum and superfuture about what to buy? That such an entry-level looking brand, since they make a lot of nice basics, appears pretty harmless to fashion-newbies? I could go on. I've seen the same thing happen with people trying to jump into Japanese brands with similar results.
Sure, I don't disagree. W+H appears to have the right mixture of qualities that will appeal to most newbies: a big step up in quality from Gap or JCrew, basic mainstream designs, and nothing too fashion-y looking that might make them feel uncomfortable. But as Fok previously hinted at, W+H is more apt to follow trends which may be a key part of their strategy to attract this type of customer. However, I have noticed that often the more established higher end labels are more likely to provide better designed looks. For example, I find it very easy to wear nearly anything made by Attachment without it ever looking awkward. It's not that every Attachment outfit looks utterly amazing, rather it always looks competent and never awkward. I cannot readily quantify why, but such brand's designs just seem more refined than W+H. Often I get the feeling W+H doesn't know who they want to be. At least that's my impression.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why Are You Debating W+H
wings and horns is like boring henleys and down vests amirite
here is wings and horns in a nutshell
1-204.jpg

look at how unhappy he is to be wearing these dumb clothes

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I have often said if I was condemned to wearing nothing but wings + horns for the rest of my life as my only source of streetwear, I would be perfectly content with that. Well, so long as I had a full supply of pieces. As of right now I am mulling a purchase of a hoody.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Why Are You Debating W+H
wings and horns is like boring henleys and down vests amirite
here is wings and horns in a nutshell
1-204.jpg

look at how unhappy he is to be wearing these dumb clothes

Omg softy that's so far from the truth, it's scary how ignorant you are... o__o

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Mm... ok since you made a decent pun, I'll let it go this time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads