• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's really satisfying. The 8 is great but I usually need a large ice cube to let things open up. This is great just neat.

Lag 16 is pretty much my got to for smokey scotch. I like laphroig as well but its not the same and their stronger cask strength stuff is overbearing. I find it interesting as my tastes evolved that the scotches i started with (glenlevit, glenfiddich) are no longer of interest save for the japanese gem Hibiki. Nowadays i am into smokey scotch or bourbon with a preference to rye.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my current answer is "I don't know". I know that 44 is too small, and I returned them for 44.5 but instead received 45. I think I might be better off with 44.5 (there's some heel slip in the 45s), so I'm waiting to hear whether they still have a pair in that size. I'm a true 12D / EU 45 with a high instep and shorter heel-to-ball distance (long toes), and I usually take a 44 in Butteros.

They're really cool boots, and I might try to make the 45s work if it turns out I can't get the 44.5s.

I just remembered that as part of my 2017 Yoox binge I bought, tried on, then returned some similar Butteros. I took a 40 in those, and I remember them being a hair tight but workable. (Returned them just because I couldn't pull them off at the time, though I definitely could these days.) So I'm guessing I'd be a 40.5 in these, which would fit based on what your general guidance - I'm an 8.5D, but pretty close to an 8, slightly wide but low-volume. (I take a 41 in most EU stuff)

I take a 7.5 in Vibergs on the 2030 and 1035. (1 size down from Brannock) General guidance I've seen on the 2050 (their chelsea/sidezip last) is to take the same size as your 2030 or a half size up. I think in the end I'm gonna get some Bergolie sidezips instead of these, mostly because Frank Parrish's IG has completely sold me on them.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Ah, good to know. So I guess I'm still not whether to go with 11 or 11.5 in Vibergs (although I might hold out until someone comes out with a side zip in the new sprung toe last, which could fit entirely differently).

Anyway, Greg got back to me that they have the Butteros in 44.5 still, so I just ordered those and I'll send back whichever pair doesn't fit.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the mix-up :embar:
(I blame Willy, of course)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, good to know. So I guess I'm still not whether to go with 11 or 11.5 in Vibergs (although I might hold out until someone comes out with a side zip in the new sprung toe last, which could fit entirely differently).

Anyway, Greg got back to me that they have the Butteros in 44.5 still, so I just ordered those and I'll send back whichever pair doesn't fit.

sorry late to the game i am a 44 and wear 43.5 in buttero so if you are a 45 a 44.5 would be spot on.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lag 16 is pretty much my got to for smokey scotch. I like laphroig as well but its not the same and their stronger cask strength stuff is overbearing. I find it interesting as my tastes evolved that the scotches i started with (glenlevit, glenfiddich) are no longer of interest save for the japanese gem Hibiki. Nowadays i am into smokey scotch or bourbon with a preference to rye.

I still enjoy those non peated varieties but I love smokey drinks so I will always keep something smokey near by. I tried redemption 9 year rye and it was great

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1021837_mrp_in_l.jpg

@penanceroyaltea is next level influencer

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still enjoy those non peated varieties but I love smokey drinks so I will always keep something smokey near by. I tried redemption 9 year rye and it was great

peat is my thing, ardbeg corryvreckan is my #1, and peat monster is very similar, but much more reasonably priced.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
peat is my thing, ardbeg corryvreckan is my #1, and peat monster is very similar, but much more reasonably priced.

Yeah I tried compass box phenomenonolgy and it was great!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
14044262-DFAF-4A27-9A10-BBFDCD9802D7.jpeg

Took a gamble on a fresh batch of the discontinued, 80s Polo with mixed results. First was pretty weak and generic-smelling, the second a little more pine-y.

Hit the jackpot on the third: one spray, I got an instant headache, thought I was back in Colorado, and felt like the bottle was shaking me up and down screaming, “HOLY ****, IT’S POLO!!!!”.

Wife made me turn on the fan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads