• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If paid retail and bother you then exchange/return, if you got a deal on it and like it otherwise keep it.
That leather used in the motorcycle line wears in fast and gets all chewy and that particular one get a bit flaky/scabie as well, lots of texture develops, the line wont be soo noticeable, if at all, after some good use.

Yes the bag is full retail price. I had a pair of leather new balance sneakers that had the same mark on its leather part and after just a couple of wearing, the mark ripped open so I'm afraid that if I put a lot inside the bag and the leather stretches the same thing could happen. They only have one other red and it's in Beverly Hills. Can Barneys transfer things when doing an exchange?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should, my wife has a first and day bags, that red is the same type of leather as her black first, the sparkly flecks start to flake off after some wear but actually looks cool, they stay on the surface and dont peal off by themselves, anyway leather is medium thickness so if you feel the scratch is deep then use your best judgement as sadly barneys doesnt have lifetime defect returns like norstroms, bbb, etc.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah then that's that. Well see where this drug-free period plays out and likely order size 3 when I get some new ones.

Thanks for the info on IE. If you're worried about the drug test I would start running sprints too. Even if you haven't smoked in a while the thc can store itself in your fat cells and make you fail the drug test. Running sprints is the best way to mobilize the fat cells. As an added bonus it will help you keep your muscle mass while losing weight.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info on IE. If you're worried about the drug test I would start running sprints too. Even if you haven't smoked in a while the thc can store itself in your fat cells and make you fail the drug test. Running sprints is the best way to mobilize the fat cells. As an added bonus it will help you keep your muscle mass while losing weight.

Np! Nah not too worried about testing... as mentioned in other threads I do a fair amount of crossfit and despite what people don't like about it it is pretty good cardio and involves sprinting at times. I bought a bunch of tests off amazon.com which were pretty cheap and have been testing myself weekly. I can pass if I drink 3 quarters of water and pee a few times before go time now which I believe means I'm pretty close without dilution and the soonest I should get the offer is after Thanksgiving so pretty reasonably sure I'm in the clear.

Thanks for the tip though :) Really basically not smoking controls my periodic munchies attacks which means I'm slowly losing a bit of extra weight. Nothing crazy, but noticeably added up to 3-5 pounds or so after 4 weeks of not smoking depending on water weight. Got another 2 weeks to go before testing so see much further down it goes as that's going to end the day test results are communicated to me :)

After I resume smoking I'm pretty stable as really the only two reasons I work out are to fit in my clothes and to offset my eating habits.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Yea crossfit is good and should work similarly to sprints as it's anaerobic. Good to hear you're close to being clean.

And isn't it the other way around? Smoking = munchies = weight gain. :) I'm surprised losing 5 pounds was enough to change the fit on your clothes. Good luck on the drug test.

hipster

Reaction score
cos

morgellons (they even match my floor and wall :slayer: )

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha yeah no 5 pounds hasn't translated to any fit changes and im not expecting any further loss to translate into anything different :) But not in a rush to sell so might as well wait and see.

Yeah basically with munchies lifestyle I seem to break even with working out and stay stable.. Hence without it been dropping a bit. Expect it to stay off when I resume :) But maybe I'll have to work out harder. Will have to see how SF changes my lifestyle from living in Mountain View. I expect to bike and walk more :) But conversely access to awesome food will go up! New property has a free access herb garden and I'm 3 blocks from my buddy and we plan on upping our Sous Vide/other cooking experiments... So hard to say how it'll all net.

Yeah on drug testing... The place is headquartered in a more conservative part of the world but all my other friends were similarly shocked. Its never come up elsewhere or at any of the other places I'm interviewing at... For good reason as it will limit your talent pool options :) But its a really great role and the leadership I had great chemistry with and my former team mate who is one of the best folks I've worked with has been there for a year and loves it.

Pretty deep in the process for a great start up as well where testing would never come up (Friend and new sf roomate also a smoker started there 3 weeks ago)... So not desperate for this gig, but always good to see if you can take an extended break, reevaluate how you feel without it in your life... I'm definitely resuming :)

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to buy a new pair of sneakers. Im stuck between Ann D, Rick Owens, or Visvim lows. What should I go with?

Ann D suede lows or mids

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads