1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

condolences, bro

1 person likes this.
  2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Sorry, jet. Thoughts are with you man.

1 person likes this.
  3. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

That's awful, sorry jet.

1 person likes this.
  4. DLester

DLester Senior member

I will do that tonight...
    I am so sorry to hear about this....

1 person likes this.
  5. GBear

GBear Senior member

Can't even imagine. My condolences, jet...

1 person likes this.
  6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Fuck. So sorry, jet. :-( Hang in there.

1 person likes this.
  7. APK

APK Senior member

Echoing everyone above, jet. I know there's a legit dude under that ePersona you've got here.

Coincidentally, today marks 14 years since I lost my dad, and while we were not all that close, it's still one of the most trying experiences someone can endure.

Keep your head up, man.

4 people like this.
  8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@jet my condolences to you and your family

1 person likes this.
  9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Sorry for your loss.

1 person likes this.
  10. jet

jet Senior member

Guys, all the words are warmly appreciated. I was very close to him and indeed I couldn't imagine losing him or what life would be like without his presence but now I am being forced to find out. The difficulty I'm having with this concept is immeasurable. My brain cannot process the fact that he is no longer here. We used to smoke all the time together, me with my cigars and him with his pipe. He'd tell me stories about growing up in the old country. Before, I'd be bored out of my mind but these past few years I took an interest because I wanted to know everything about his life. We used to have coffee and pastries together. I treasure those times and have zero regrets. I made it a point to give him hugs and tell him I loved him because he always regretted not doing that with his father, but times were different back then. He used to grill, man could he grill. I have friends who were honored just to have eaten his persian style barbecue. Who knew his time would be up so soon? I hope to someday be half the man my dad was, who brought his family to this country and provided food, shelter, clothing and most importantly love during his life. He was a real man. He worked so hard for so long and not a day in his life did he complain, that's just how it was. Now, I get jealous when I see others around me who aren't fatherless. You guys who truly know me on here via pm know what I am really like and I hope others don't take me too seriously on this forum because I don't have any hate for anyone. Please, be kind to your parents. Tell them you love them. Constantly. Family is and always will be number one. That is true wealth.

I'm trying so hard to get back into my old routine, to resume some semblance of normalcy but not a minute goes by where I don't think about him, his face, his smile, his eyes, a hundred or more times. I'm normally a very private person but I wanted to let you guys know how special my dad was because there are few men in this world like him and every person will say the same about their father. Now let's post up some recent cops and get this thread back on track.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    79 people like this.
  11. 1969

1969 Senior member

True words Jet. Be kinds to parents if at all possible and I'll tack on "everyone else". My coworker passed away out of the blue yesterday. We were not personally close but traveled together on many occasions over the years. I actually had a bit of impatience with the guy to be honest and the day before what turned out to be his death, he was making friendly small talk while I was preoccupied with looking at clothes online. Against my natural instinct, I made a decision to stop what I was doing and engage with him without distraction for a few minutes...it's all he really needed. I knew it was the right thing to do but had no idea how much it would mean to me in 48 hours.

2 people like this.
  12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Really sorry to hear that, Jet. All the best to you and your family.

1 person likes this.
  14. sipang

sipang Senior member

So sorry V., thoughts to you and your loved ones

1 person likes this.
  15. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Damn.... That is seriously some rough shit Jet. Be grateful you were so close to him and that you made sure he knew you loved him. Many sons won't have that experience. Hope your mom and rest of family are doing ok too.

1 person likes this.
  16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Truer words were never spoken. Blood is blood. It's the only thing you can never leave behind, and it's the only thing you truly leave behind.

I hope you find some peace, V.

3 people like this.
  17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Sad to hear of your fathers passing, Jet. Your father sounds like a good man, thank you for sharing his story and so beautifully too

1 person likes this.
  18. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Sorry to hear about your father Jet. Never an easy time losing someone let alone a parent.

I lost my mother when I was 25 (32 now) and it does slowly get easier with time. All the best to you and your family.

1 person likes this.
  19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Condolences Jet
    Wishing you and everyone close well

1 person likes this.
  20. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Condolences Jet, your father sounds like a great guy. I lost my dad nearly 7 years ago. I'm sure you will pull through and be able to look back and smile about the good times you had.

[​IMG]

Post Overalls - no doubt it'll be hella boxy but I couldn't resist the mesmerizing swirling dot print

10 people like this.