• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camel fix.

That's right, forgot you had that OL. Well, now I'm not sure if I'll keep both the purple pocket knit and the burgundy cardigan, will have to decide when it gets here

Hit me up if you decide to return, iirc you were flipping a geller cardi a while back I eyed so I'm guessing we're in the same ballpark size wise.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Now I just need to get a tripod so I can take better fit pics. Any suggestions?

What do you think of these m4/3 lens that are branded as Panasonic-Leica? They're supposedly Leica designs that are made in Japan. I see people raving about the 25mm F1.4 Pana-Leica as being one of the very best m4/3 lenses available. But I was concerned the depth of field would be too narrow for everyday use. Thus I went with the 20mm lens to start with. However the sample pics from that Pana-Leica lens look amazing! They have a very organic, almost 3D look to them. It's almost like the difference between a tube vs. solid state amplifier. It may not be more realistic, but the image more pleasing and simply draws you into the scene.

Well they're certainly not leicas, but very good lenses regardless. They're just rebranded pannny, which is somewhat misleading considering the pricetag. I haven't shot any of these, but with an m42 you're already looking at a 2X factor so you're 20mm is a 35-mm equivalent of 40, 25->50, etc. (Tho 35-mm equiv standard is silly, why not use medium or large formats as standards...)

Personally I prefer old glass, so I hunt for voigtlander/leica that have been taken care of properly.

But I think the 20/1.7 is a very nice lense for what it is. I don't know if the AF will work but Olympus has two fantastic ones, the 45mm and the 12mm that are really fast and apparently substantpieces of equipment, well built, and perform excellent, m43 mounts.

As for tipod, I have the silk sprint mini which is great for a portable system, extends quite a bit but can be stored at 12" and you can get the camera very low to ground as well.
don't you guys miss a viewfinder? plus a flip out screen is clutch for fit pics :satisfied:

Since I use old manual lenses, the peaking feature of the NEX series is far superior for getting sharp focus vs eyeing it through an EVF. I never liked electronic ones anyway, but they're getting better. I could always spring for the nex6/7 but that's going too far, my 5 + m-mount lenses is perfect especially considering it's an APS-C sensor so bigger than m43 (same as, say, D7000 and the likes, "crop sensor" full fledge dslrs).

I think for new pro lenses we should let bows chime in, if am not mistaken he has some serious equipment.

Last edited:

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not crazy about evf either, but the size/weight benefit over a dslr make it almost worth it. i've always used a rebel but my gf's g3 is fun with that 1.7 pancake. and you can practically fit it in your pocket.

Last edited:

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A year subscription to MoviePass :slayer: so excited

why would you post this? has nothing to do with style. this is styleforum, not movieforum.

/uncontrol

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not crazy about evf either, but the size/weight benefit over a dslr make it almost worth it. i've always used a rebel but my gf's g3 is fun with that 1.7 pancake. and you can practically fit it in your pocket.

My fuji XE-1 evf is ridiculously nice. It's pretty much my first digital but I have been shooting film for a long ttime, thought I wouldn't really like EVFs but the fuji one is awesome.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think some EVF are really quite nice. Unfortunately the one I use on my gf1 has a pretty low resolution so it's purpose is really more for those bright/sunny days. That's be the only real complaint I have about my camera.

Last edited:

wizzeak

Reaction score
I was sleepin on this for so long, there was only M left (my size) and I was getting so worried it would sell out but for some reason I just didn't cop. Checked it out today $123 and I pulled the trigger. :slayer:

Patience is a virtue:)

Last edited:

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ This is it for me. The size vs. quality ratio is the main benefit of m43. Always using a bunch of large, heavy lenses negates most of the benefits.

If I'm on a trip I despise the idea of lugging around an ostentatious display of camera equipment. Makes you look like either a clueless tourist, an equipment geek, or (if you're lucky) a professional photographer. And if it's the later, then some places might kick you out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads