• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I got sick of spinning my wheels due to drinking/eating bad on weekends so I decided to go dry for 30 days and stick to my diet/workout plan 100% to finish off this cut finally before summer really starts. 8 days in and I've gone off diet twice, Saturday to make a super healthy meal with a woman and Sunday because I just ate healthy generally. 22 more days to go after today, we'll see how long it takes. :slayer:

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, man, this cut is lasting longer than most relationships.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, man, this cut is lasting longer than most relationships.

Yeah I know, which is why I wanna finish it. Those last couple pounds are a *************. 30 lbs in 3 months, then about 2 months of wheel spinning due to injury/holidays and drinking. Measuring progress daily because I'm anal like that:

Day 2 - 165.8
Day 3 - 164.0
Day 4 - 162.6
Day 5 - 161.6
Day 6 - 161.2
Day 7 - 162.0
Day 8 - 162.6

Those last few days were probably due to water fluctuations from not sticking to the same diet. Hoping to be down around 159-160 by the end of this week. 150-155 should have me bottoming out around 6-8% bodyfat, which is about as low as I ever wanna go.

This is all provided that I don't fall into a recomp, which I might have already, yuck.

I'll post progress pics when I'm done. :slayer:

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried to do a widow maker set today. Got to 12 reps, eye sight when blurry, knees were caving in and I saw jesus and he told me to stop. Prowler is really helping with high rep works, no longer out of breath by 8 reps and I can usually get 5 of them down with no pause. No prowler today though, 5 hours sleep, I already PRed in the paused squat and the squat so I wasn't really up for it.

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I know, which is why I wanna finish it. Those last couple pounds are a *************. 30 lbs in 3 months, then about 2 months of wheel spinning due to injury/holidays and drinking. Measuring progress daily because I'm anal like that:
Day 2 - 165.8
Day 3 - 164.0
Day 4 - 162.6
Day 5 - 161.6
Day 6 - 161.2
Day 7 - 162.0
Day 8 - 162.6
Those last few days were probably due to water fluctuations from not sticking to the same diet. Hoping to be down around 159-160 by the end of this week. 150-155 should have me bottoming out around 6-8% bodyfat, which is about as low as I ever wanna go.
This is all provided that I don't fall into a recomp, which I might have already, yuck.
I'll post progress pics when I'm done. :slayer:

Measuring weight daily is dumb.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah ok good, will let him know. Went to a doctor and they wouldn't do anything about it because it's pretty minor, but no one wants gyno in the summer.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
intradesting video, thought it was quite good. No wonder the kid killed himself, just stopped mid cycle without pct, dad sounded like dr phil.

:brick:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did you hurt it?

I originally hurt it last November literally a week after I turned 30, I was warming up for my squat sets (I was running 5/3/1 variation of Wendler's that focused more on bench work). Anyways, I felt a slight pop and then a nice wave of pain shortly after, I waited a week or so and stopped in an Athletico for a screening, she sent me to a sports doc who specializes in hips. That doc took some x-rays, did an exam and then sent me off to his partner who deals with groin injuries (sports hernias), I saw the doc, he determined it was a slight tear/bad strain and not a hernia and I was given some PT. He also told me that even if it was a hernia, he wouldn't do surgery unless it was completely necessary, so I finished my PT at the end of January and I've been feeling good until sometime last week. Funny thing is that I am training with John just like Charly and Jarude and since I am leaning out he's got me on a high-rep body-builder style routine that doesn't have me pushing heavy weights. Hell, I think the heaviest movement are my 225lb leg presses...bah

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Tried to do a widow maker set today. Got to 12 reps, eye sight when blurry, knees were caving in and I saw jesus and he told me to stop. Prowler is really helping with high rep works, no longer out of breath by 8 reps and I can usually get 5 of them down with no pause. No prowler today though, 5 hours sleep, I already PRed in the paused squat and the squat so I wasn't really up for it.

That's not a widow maker.

A widow maker is getting to 12 reps then your eyesight goes blurry, your knees start caving in, and jesus appears and tells you to stop. Then you tell jesus to **** off. You pump out two more reps and your lower back spasms start to make holding the weight on your back unbearable. Now you're asking yourself why the **** did you attempt this bullshit but you manage to squeeze the 15th and 16 rep. As you stand there, contemplating why you've decided to attempt this widow maker, you try to gasp for air to extinguish the inferno in your lungs and throat. As you go for rep number 17 and 18, all your senses go numb.. it takes everything in your psyche just to stand there and not pass out and collapse with the bar on your back. You take the 19th rep and would give anything for the widow maker to be over. You take your final breathe and squat down for the 20th and final rep. As you descend into the hole, your vision gets cloudy and dark and everything around you starts to go black. Right before the point you are about to black out under the weight, you start to come up, a glimpse of light shines in front of you.. time slows down.. Arnold, Chuck Norris, Franco Columbu, and Burt Reynolds mustache appear and greet you into manhood.

That is a widow maker.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When will it be my turn for that kind of mental discipline to push myself that far instead of compensating by doing very high volume and not going to failure on the majority of my sets?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I originally hurt it last November literally a week after I turned 30, I was warming up for my squat sets (I was running 5/3/1 variation of Wendler's that focused more on bench work). Anyways, I felt a slight pop and then a nice wave of pain shortly after, I waited a week or so and stopped in an Athletico for a screening, she sent me to a sports doc who specializes in hips. That doc took some x-rays, did an exam and then sent me off to his partner who deals with groin injuries (sports hernias), I saw the doc, he determined it was a slight tear/bad strain and not a hernia and I was given some PT. He also told me that even if it was a hernia, he wouldn't do surgery unless it was completely necessary, so I finished my PT at the end of January and I've been feeling good until sometime last week. Funny thing is that I am training with John just like Charly and Jarude and since I am leaning out he's got me on a high-rep body-builder style routine that doesn't have me pushing heavy weights. Hell, I think the heaviest movement are my 225lb leg presses...bah

What did the PT give you to do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads