• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I eat chipotle every day, at least I try to. Salads on off days, burritos after working out. For $10 I can get a burrito with double chicken, a organic chocolate milk, and chips. Chipotle don't make your ass bigger, doing GHRs after every workout will.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so glad I live in Mexico. So many better and cheaper burrito options around here.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What makes you think its rotator cuff?

i did the hawkins test and it hurt.

i thought it was a delt strain and it still might be. I did an arm wrestling contest after a shoulder workout with my non-dominant hand the tuesday before last. It felt fine-ish so i did a chest day 5 days later. It was fairly fine while benching but incline benching deep aggrivated it a lot, even with a rotator cuff warmup.

the pain is mostly on the outside of the delt and then underneath the muscle in the front.

pain is really aggrivated when i do a cross body shoulder stretch.

It also hurts when i wake up. So i'm gonna give it another week of rest.

Regardless, it's becoming winter so i'm not taking off my shirt often. Time to increase my squat/DL/running ability for a week or two.

edit: doing more reading it actually looks like its my transverse humeral ligament.

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is it's impossible to know what it is without imaging, unfortunately.

Rotator cuff, labrum, biceps tendon, acromioclavicular joint, bursal, and ligament pathologies all mimic each other. Even in the hands of a trained physician with years of experience, physical exam only goes so far with shoulder pathology.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah for true. it's not super bad unless i'm sitting there thinking about it it / don't take painkillers so i'll call up the doc and cancel if it ends up ok.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can find a doc that is adept with an ultrasound it will save you the hassle of time/money/inconvenience getting an MRI(possibly).

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is not entirely correct
Cant diagnose labral pathology with an ultrasound
In fact ultrasound is really only useful for AC jt, rotator cuff and SA bursa, which are all fairly straightforward clinical diagnosesl.

I have had an aching shoulder for two weeks, cant sleep on it.
Jumped on for an MRI: completely normal.
Im a hypochondriac though

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I am gonna stop posting here, I had to take this week off for shoulder ****. Def delts with a little twinge in my pec, all started and stemming from heavy benching :(

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
That's a sigh of bad benching technique. Rework your bench from just the bar.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How do I clean out my water bottle? :( Tried hot water and dish soap and vinegar and dish washer... still **** on the inside walls.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should have quoted it. Gone forever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads