Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Edit: NM.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

post some reading

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

But but our lord ripptoe says the lying tricep extension is the 4th powerlift. I do think its a bit different then the curl or like a pull down or skull crusher. I figure if its progressing my presses are gonna as well.

Also my friend whose also on clen was having a piss at the gym then his calves cramped really hard from it and he fell over and pissed on the floor, it was lolzy.

4. gort

gort Senior member

myfitnesspal.com is really great for hitting your macros. YOu can setup your total daily calorie mark and then set the percentages manually for each macro and use it to see your progress as you track each meal. The phone app makes it really easy with the barcode scanner.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ah, yea I agree then. Rips way of tricep extension is the way to do it. For some reason I imagined you doing it like a weekend warrior.

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

7. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

+1

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Nah do them lying on a bench with an ez bar, lowering the bar behind my head and then basically throwing the bar forward, not like with a skull crusher where you're keeping elbows tucked and focusing on just hitting the short head of the tricep. long head, not even once.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

My week in nutrition and calorie deficit:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I agree, for many reasons. He's also a condescending douchewad.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

There's the Wendler way, and then there's the science way. I am starting to lean towards science.

12. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

It's always important to remember just what people's goals are. This diet was recommended to you by successful powerlifters, and looks as though it would certainly help someone trying to bulk up and get stronger. The guys who recommend this, though, probably don't care about much else. Just because you are focused on replenishing glycogen stores after a workout doesn't mean you need to junk food - fries, cookies, pizza, etc. Will the junk food replenish glycogen stores? Sure, but it's nutrient poor and will make you feel like shit in the long run. Eating some sweet potato or fruit will do just as much to replenish glycogen, and has the added benefit of being real food. Eating junk food is never a particularly good plan for getting fitter, no matter what your fitness goals are.

Also, like Fuji said, it's pretty unlikely you are depleting your glycogen stores THAT much during a workout unless you are working at a fairly high intensity for an extended duration. Powerlifting tends not to fall into this category.

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Keep it simple, stupid.

40/25/35 or 40/30/30.

And no, I do not buy into food "timing". It's all a bunch of bullshit to me. I've done it every way possible and no difference for me (and for others I know).

The only "differences", I found are:

- A 2-3 hour eating schedule is fucking annoying.
    - The warrior diet, you're hungry all day long for no reason.
    - "Timing" a bunch of protein and high GI carbs pwo just makes you feel bloated.

If you intake enough carbs/fats the day(s) before, you're going to have enough energy for the day(s) after.

If you intake enough protein the day(s) before and that day, you're going to be recovering.

Disregard nutritional timing.

Eat clean.

It's not rocket science.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Oh, but he's so funny. After reading the wiki page on his quotes I can't help, but like him. I think Louie Simmons is more of a prick, I think he went a bit retarded when he started with the cross fit stuff. Westside for cleans wtf, cleans from kneeling, straight leg cleans, don't know if the conjugate method works so well for the oly lifts.

Also josh I think you mean indesertum, I don't recall writing that.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Alan Aragon, who is someone i trust, says that hitting your macros is a lot more important than meal timing, save for a PWO shake.