• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But but our lord ripptoe says the lying tricep extension is the 4th powerlift. I do think its a bit different then the curl or like a pull down or skull crusher. I figure if its progressing my presses are gonna as well.

Also my friend whose also on clen was having a piss at the gym then his calves cramped really hard from it and he fell over and pissed on the floor, it was lolzy.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
myfitnesspal.com is really great for hitting your macros. YOu can setup your total daily calorie mark and then set the percentages manually for each macro and use it to see your progress as you track each meal. The phone app makes it really easy with the barcode scanner.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But but our lord ripptoe says the lying tricep extension is the 4th powerlift. I do think its a bit different then the curl or like a pull down or skull crusher. I figure if its progressing my presses are gonna as well.
Also my friend whose also on clen was having a piss at the gym then his calves cramped really hard from it and he fell over and pissed on the floor, it was lolzy.

Ah, yea I agree then. Rips way of tricep extension is the way to do it. For some reason I imagined you doing it like a weekend warrior.

joshuadowen

Reaction score
Lettuce be cereal, you do not need 4000 calories a day especially in that macro ratios , you're just gonna get fat. As chariy said 40/30/30
Another wave of PRs today, 2kg per arm on incline db press, 5kg on lying tricep extension. Not as good as its been on like squat days, but a PRs a PR. Did some snatch pulls off about a 4" platform, more fun then doing shrugs, worked up to 85kgx3.

+1

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, yea I agree then. Rips way of tricep extension is the way to do it. For some reason I imagined you doing it like a weekend warrior.

Nah do them lying on a bench with an ez bar, lowering the bar behind my head and then basically throwing the bar forward, not like with a skull crusher where you're keeping elbows tucked and focusing on just hitting the short head of the tricep. long head, not even once.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My week in nutrition and calorie deficit:

7096283845_e148c41b2d_b.jpg

7096289531_4d63e4c58a_b.jpg

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's the Wendler way, and then there's the science way. I am starting to lean towards science.

joshuadowen

Reaction score
So if anyone is interested, there's a diet floating around that was recommended to me by my power lifting buddys (successful powerlifters). I'm not posting it here for it to be picked apart by any of you guys, just some general information if you guys are interested. Training day looks like this;
Wake up - Coffee with heavy cream or coconut oil
Breakfast - skip altogether or 8 oz protein, cheese, greens
Lunch - 8 oz protein, salad, green
snack - cottage cheese almonds
post workout - 15g of whey, caffeine, coconut oil 1g, creatine 5g (note- no carbs pre wo)
post workout - whey isolate 15g, Hi-Gi Carb (maltodextrine ect) 30g, Casein 10g, Hydrolysate Whey 10g, leucine 3g, creatine 5g.
30 mins later - Large quantities of super high GI foods (the worse the better) and protein. Burger with french fries, cookies, apple turnover, pizza. Avoid low GI carbs.
continue eating high GI foods through the early evening/night
Before bed - cottage cheese, almond butter

It's always important to remember just what people's goals are. This diet was recommended to you by successful powerlifters, and looks as though it would certainly help someone trying to bulk up and get stronger. The guys who recommend this, though, probably don't care about much else. Just because you are focused on replenishing glycogen stores after a workout doesn't mean you need to junk food - fries, cookies, pizza, etc. Will the junk food replenish glycogen stores? Sure, but it's nutrient poor and will make you feel like *********** long run. Eating some sweet potato or fruit will do just as much to replenish glycogen, and has the added benefit of being real food. Eating junk food is never a particularly good plan for getting fitter, no matter what your fitness goals are.

Also, like Fuji said, it's pretty unlikely you are depleting your glycogen stores THAT much during a workout unless you are working at a fairly high intensity for an extended duration. Powerlifting tends not to fall into this category.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Keep it simple, stupid.

40/25/35 or 40/30/30.

And no, I do not buy into food "timing". It's all a bunch of bullshit to me. I've done it every way possible and no difference for me (and for others I know).

The only "differences", I found are:

- A 2-3 hour eating schedule is ******* annoying.
- The warrior diet, you're hungry all day long for no reason.
- "Timing" a bunch of protein and high GI carbs pwo just makes you feel bloated.

If you intake enough carbs/fats the day(s) before, you're going to have enough energy for the day(s) after.

If you intake enough protein the day(s) before and that day, you're going to be recovering.

Disregard nutritional timing.

Eat clean.

It's not rocket science.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, but he's so funny. After reading the wiki page on his quotes I can't help, but like him. I think Louie Simmons is more of a prick, I think he went a bit marsupialed when he started with the cross fit stuff. Westside for cleans wtf, cleans from kneeling, straight leg cleans, don't know if the conjugate method works so well for the oly lifts.

Also josh I think you mean indesertum, I don't recall writing that.

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan Aragon, who is someone i trust, says that hitting your macros is a lot more important than meal timing, save for a PWO shake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads