Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I've always leaned towards the science way but now I'm leaning towards the "use some common sense" way.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

i think to a point timing nutrition is important, but at this point, i've been training for a long time and more or less now know what works for me

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

agreed; i eat on an IF/WD type of schedule since i would much rather fast in the mornings and eat most of my calories later on in one sitting, but i do this 100% for lifestyle considerations. i extra don't buy into the "massive high gi carbs and mega protein PWO" thing - just eat some food. i would still recommend a fasting type diet to people, but thats simply because i enjoy fasting and find it makes my life far easier.

lifting success = 49% progressive lifting, 50% hard work and consistency, 1% meal timing, supplements, etc

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Well the the best thing about this stuff is if it doesn't work it shows. I'm going to try this for 6 months, took some before pictures and will take progress stuff. The people who do it have body compositions and strength that I've always wanted. We shall see.

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

What website are you using to track your nutrition from the screen shots on the last pages? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to accurately tracking stuff, so I suspect something like that would help out a lot.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

It's livestrong app on iphone which links to the livestrong webpage.

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I eat when I am hungry, log my calories, hit my macros and call it a day. 3 months in using no nonsense eating and training with John has produced great results from losing 14lbs and about 4% bf. I can't wait to see what's next after my hip issue is fully taken care of...I guess what I am saying is keep it simple and you'll see results.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

fatsecret is my calorie counter of choice; has a pretty nifty app with a barcode scanner so you can just scan the upc of whatever you're eating and it logs it for you.

:slayer:

9. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I just use Fitday, I do all the cooking in our house, so I know everything going into each meal. Living with a food scientist makes life a lot easier too, I have access to every kind of measuring item used for food and a never ending supply of spices, she even can replicate flavorings for me...

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Now you just tryin to hurt me :(

11. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

he's not talking about insulin and glucose levels. he's talking about insulin sensitivity

i also ascribe to aragon's timing doesn't matter except for the 2 hour window post workout for optimal glycogen replenishment. insulin sensitivity is related to blood glucose levels (when glucose levels are low eg in the morning after you wake up your sensitivity is high) but not because of time of day but because of when you eat your meals. in other words it's all relative.

coldsnap that diet will work not because of the timing but because you're hitting the right macros

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Don't understand why people like bacon so much. Just tastes like crappy ham to me, English stuffs a bit better.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

But is it optimal? Will it work forever? no.

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

No, but that's why I train with John and use his knowledge, I'm not stupid. When it stops working, we'll move on to the next option, nothing works forever, but for now if it ain't broke, I sure as hell don't need to fix it.