• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think to a point timing nutrition is important, but at this point, i've been training for a long time and more or less now know what works for me

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep it simple, stupid.
40/25/35 or 40/30/30.
And no, I do not buy into food "timing". It's all a bunch of bullshit to me. I've done it every way possible and no difference for me (and for others I know).
The only "differences", I found are:
- A 2-3 hour eating schedule is ******* annoying.
- The warrior diet, you're hungry all day long for no reason.
- "Timing" a bunch of protein and high GI carbs pwo just makes you feel bloated.
If you intake enough carbs/fats the day(s) before, you're going to have enough energy for the day(s) after.
If you intake enough protein the day(s) before and that day, you're going to be recovering.
Disregard nutritional timing.
Eat clean.
It's not rocket science.

agreed; i eat on an IF/WD type of schedule since i would much rather fast in the mornings and eat most of my calories later on in one sitting, but i do this 100% for lifestyle considerations. i extra don't buy into the "massive high gi carbs and mega protein PWO" thing - just eat some food. i would still recommend a fasting type diet to people, but thats simply because i enjoy fasting and find it makes my life far easier.

lifting success = 49% progressive lifting, 50% hard work and consistency, 1% meal timing, supplements, etc

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well the the best thing about this stuff is if it doesn't work it shows. I'm going to try this for 6 months, took some before pictures and will take progress stuff. The people who do it have body compositions and strength that I've always wanted. We shall see.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well the the best thing about this stuff is if it doesn't work it shows. I'm going to try this for 6 months, took some before pictures and will take progress stuff. The people who do it have body compositions and strength that I've always wanted. We shall see.

What website are you using to track your nutrition from the screen shots on the last pages? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to accurately tracking stuff, so I suspect something like that would help out a lot.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What website are you using to track your nutrition from the screen shots on the last pages? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to accurately tracking stuff, so I suspect something like that would help out a lot.

It's livestrong app on iphone which links to the livestrong webpage.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eat when I am hungry, log my calories, hit my macros and call it a day. 3 months in using no nonsense eating and training with John has produced great results from losing 14lbs and about 4% bf. I can't wait to see what's next after my hip issue is fully taken care of...I guess what I am saying is keep it simple and you'll see results.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fatsecret is my calorie counter of choice; has a pretty nifty app with a barcode scanner so you can just scan the upc of whatever you're eating and it logs it for you.

I eat when I am hungry, log my calories, hit my macros and call it a day. 3 months in using no nonsense eating and training with John has produced great results from losing 14lbs and about 4% bf. I can't wait to see what's next after my hip issue is fully taken care of...I guess what I am saying is keep it simple and you'll see results.

:slayer:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fatsecret is my calorie counter of choice; has a pretty nifty app with a barcode scanner so you can just scan the upc of whatever you're eating and it logs it for you.
:slayer:

I just use Fitday, I do all the cooking in our house, so I know everything going into each meal. Living with a food scientist makes life a lot easier too, I have access to every kind of measuring item used for food and a never ending supply of spices, she even can replicate flavorings for me...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

he's not talking about insulin and glucose levels. he's talking about insulin sensitivity

i also ascribe to aragon's timing doesn't matter except for the 2 hour window post workout for optimal glycogen replenishment. insulin sensitivity is related to blood glucose levels (when glucose levels are low eg in the morning after you wake up your sensitivity is high) but not because of time of day but because of when you eat your meals. in other words it's all relative.

coldsnap that diet will work not because of the timing but because you're hitting the right macros

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't understand why people like bacon so much. Just tastes like crappy ham to me, English stuffs a bit better.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But is it optimal? Will it work forever? no.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But is it optimal? Will it work forever? no.

No, but that's why I train with John and use his knowledge, I'm not stupid. When it stops working, we'll move on to the next option, nothing works forever, but for now if it ain't broke, I sure as hell don't need to fix it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads