1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Distinguished Member

Go to a good butcher and get some unsmoked. Much better than ham but the ham that is sliced in front of you in a butchers is normally good too, especially if its breaded.

2. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Tesco value streaky bacon of peace.

3. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Distinguished Member

I'm also in my thirties and have no aspirations of ever competing, I've pounded my body in my lates teen and early twenties playing football at 295lbs. I am happy right now just dropping some body fat and improving my quality of life...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

4. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

i've been doing 5/3/1 and today i hit 165x10 on the bench press. i remember i had an accountability thread a year or two ago and somewhere in there i recorded the first time i ever hit 165.

also anybody do fasted training? i think i'm going to stop it. i think i would rather have better performance during workouts than burning a marginal amount of body fat. today i was so hungry i didn't want to finish.

5. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

i think you are overrating "optimal," and nothing would work forever

i train fasted 90% of the time, as in eating my last meal at ~10pm the night before, 1 scoop whey 11:30am, gym at 12pm noon. i love it; i hate training with a big meal in my stomach. if i work during the day i'll eat around ~3 and train at 8, so 5 hours after eating 500 cals or so and that works too. not entirely fasted, but i dont have the sluggish post-meal feeling going. i dont do it for any fat-burning benefits, i just feel better when i do.

grats on the pr too, always feels nice to rep out an old pr single.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

I'm probably the laziest about diet in this entire thread. Don't log calories or anything, just make sure to get plenty of protein, avoid excessive refined carbs and saturated fat. Heavy bro-workouts a couple times a week, high intensity BB/KB complexes a couple times a week. Running/Soccer/Yoga when I can. Fish Oil + Vitamin D + Creatine.

Then again, I really have no desire to change how I look so 'sall good

7. fuji

No I don't see how anyone does it, eat fuck loads right before I train. Before training today I had, 2 bannanas, scoops of whey, 2 ham sandwiches on pretzel rolls and was lifting 15 minutes later. Usually prefer to eat more.

8. jarude

i would throw up if i squatted or deadlifted after eating that.

9. fuji

It makes my stomach bigger so I can push it into the belt easier lol

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Distinguished Member

I've had really good bacon before, but I agree. Made this s/n when liking bacon was becoming the soup de jour. Regretted it like a month later.

11. jarude

bacon is far superior to ham; its the best pig-meat. bacon->pork->ham, in that order.

12. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

while i was benching i felt like i had more in me, but my stomach was so empty it hurt to press. and i had a glass of milk with casein at midnight the night before.

and thanks :fistbump:. felt awesome today

13. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior Member

Actually, the best pig meat is jowl/cheek. Get some good guanciale if you get the chance. It's basically jowl cured in the same way as bacon, and is heaven in your mouth.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Distinguished Member

The pig is too diverse of an animal to claim one part is better than another. It's all in the quality and prep. Generally I'd agree, but I just ate this fucker (schweinshaxe) about 3 weeks ago and swooned:

[​IMG]

15. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member