• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
Gotta follow the hype.

you have a pair of their denim, right? googled the brand and saw an old post of yours. Still feel the same about construction (you said it was pretty bad iirc)? I honestly like their panelling and details more than other brands but unsure if I'll make the purchase

Last edited:

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you have a pair of their denim, right? googled the brand and saw an old post of yours. Still feel the same about construction (you said it was pretty bad iirc)? I honestly like their panelling and details more than other brands but unsure if I'll make the purchase 

Yep, construction and sizing sucks. I do like their panelling though. The top block is sized super weirdly, I've got a 30 inch waist, but I still have to wear a belt with their 28's, despite them being described as true-to-size.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth reading if only for the Antonio Banderas intro.

WTF?!

The article is interesting but I don't see a lot of the connections he draws, for example:

Quote:
Really don't see anything innovative and how beauty and craftsmanship are different. I'm confused by his use of "class." Wearing sashiko dyed shirts might be classy as in stylish, but never as strong of a signifier of social class as even Brooks Brother which targets a much more specific culture of men and lifestyle, and their implied social status. All I've seen are that labels whose reputation and aesthetic blatantly evoke either the nouveau riche or old rich are generally frowned upon. Calling internet fashion a "class-centric" project apart from the egalitarian nature of the forum itself seems a bit ridiculous. There are still conservative factions of fashion forums like CM and SZ in its own way. The biggest thing, in my opinion, that's changed in the past ten or so years is the rise of fast fashion.

Quote:
Maybe menswear has embraced different cultural influences post fashion forums, I wouldn't know, but that has nothing to do with race.

Quote:
wat

Quote:
lol

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Tetsuo wore a red cape, so maybe sufu will be hitting up Zorro for some of that Akira steeze.

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Hope all our Parisian bros are safe tonight.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who the **** leaked this picture of me?

fwiw, it was a really deep episode of "The Leftovers".  Thus the expression.

You and I both know that if any picture of you is leaked it would look like this

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the Tracy Morgan snl ep; Tina Fey turns up on Weekend Update in Margiela velcro hi's

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neither are in midtown, but both Blue in Green and Self Edge would be wonderful places to go.

Thanks again. Popped into Blue in Green and grabbed a great pair of D'Artisan raws. They had them hemmed before I finished lunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics