• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevergreen

Reaction score
are there any Vegas SFers? i turned 21 last night and will be going this weekend. would love to grab a drink with anyone!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Are there troll bots on g r @ i l e d ? Two keep submitting offers and when I accept they disappear for a while, then come back and submit same offer. one has recently switched locations from US to UK.

what's going on here :paranoia:

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotten multiple iterations of this message:

"Hello Seller, Am interested in this item, Do you still have available for sale and what is the condition? email me direct at [email protected] or text on 615-XXX-XXXX"

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know a couple of people here own Kamakura shirts, is that still the best ocbd in that price range? is the fit accommodating of any appreciable muscle mass?

maybe i'll trek to nyc

Seeing your post, and being in Midtown for one more day, I swung by the shop on Madison today to give Kamakura a look. Wound up buying two shirts and some socks. TLDR: I'm impressed.
Been a while since I bought a BD shirt off the rack.

As for sizing, it depends on which shirts you're looking at. The purely casual shirts that run in S, M, and L are generally sized for people of smaller statures and, for my build, the L would require too much alteration to bother with.

However, the numerically-sized shirts are really great for the price point. Chest fit was dead on, arms were a bit slimmer cut than more traditional brands but not overly fitted. Unless you're quite jacked, I wouldn't worry about the arms. One gripe is that the length of the shirts allow them only to be worn tucked in, but I suppose these are the dressier options (though they come in more casual prints as well).

The material is what swayed me though. Love that Japanese fabric.

Shidden

Reaction score
I've gotten multiple iterations of this message:

"Hello Seller, Am interested in this item, Do you still have available for sale and what is the condition? email me direct at [email protected] or text on 615-XXX-XXXX"

I received the same message on a pair of Margiela sneakers I have for sale, for some stupid reason I decided to answer him and contact him via email. Guy sent me a fake paypal e-mail "confirming" payment to my account and then insisted on mailing me saying he had made the payment and asking me to ship the sneakers "ASAP"

His delivery address was on Nigeria, Google Maps says it's some sort of consignment shop, too bad there's no street view.

Anyhow, pretty entertaining. If he had put more work on the fake email some people might fall for it.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyhow, pretty entertaining. If he had put more work on the fake email some people might fall for it.

You would be surprised, people still fall for Nigeria letters and mails saying that their CC has been tampered with, so they need to send the info.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
calf vs. horse
(lamb is in the closet)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That feel when your boss puts a pen mark on your SLP bomber and says "oops, can I clean it with some water?"

So uhhh suggestions?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i bled all over my l'maltieri jacket from getting cut on my face. all i could do was rub it off with water and soap. deal with it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is someone who makes almost triple what I do, but shops at Walmart.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

That feel when your boss puts a pen mark on your SLP bomber and says "oops, can I clean it with some water?"

So uhhh suggestions?

5 options

- send him dry cleaning bill
- send him bill from slp for replacement
- sue
- Ed Norton / fightclub
- wabi sabi

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are thumbs not passed down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads