Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Is there a particularly good webstore for the bags, I really liked yours.... Haven't bought a bag in a long time. It's either that, or I'm getting some custom made in NYC by a place in the LES, probably something like this:
    http://abknyc.com/shopbags/2012/12/27/bagstock

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Patron of the New doesn't carry it anymore?

4. LA Guy

Sigh... and nice shoes too. But why, why, do Japanese stores only carry tiny, manlet size shoes. I am a US 10.5. It's not a gigantic size...

5. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

Is there any way we could read manton and vox's posts? I dont know why they edited the majority of it. Shame, there is plenty of knowledge there.

6. LA Guy

I could revert the edits. I won't do that for Manton's stuff, but Vox edited a lot of his stuff just to be a dick, so I'd be tempted to do that. The thing is, Vox is actually the least actually knowledgeable of those guys. He was a relatively newcomer, and started in a much more designer (like Brioni) place. I am reasonably sure that I had a tailor before he did. If you want to read a guy who really knows his stuff, read Itsstillmatt's stuff. Matt also knows a fair bit about designer stuff - Yohji and CdG, for example, so he comes to the game from a different place than someone like Manton or The Foo.

7. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Demna Gvasalia Named Creative Director of Balenciaga

BoF has learned that Demna Gvasalia, the wunderkind Georgian designer behind Vetements, has been appointed creative director of Balenciaga.​
    [​IMG]
    Demna Gvasalia | Source: Courtesy
    PARIS, France — Demna Gvasalia, the wunderkind Georgian designer behind Vetements, has been appointed the next creative director of Balenciaga. Gvasalia is expected to stage his first show for the brand in March 2016 and will continue to lead the design collective at Vetements.
    In recent seasons, Vetements has sent ripples of new energy through the Paris fashion scene with classic, democratic clothing reimagined with new proportions and imbued with a raw-edged street sensibility. The breakout label — run by a collective that also includes Demna’s brother Guram Gvasalia and several of their friends — is best known for its oversized mannish tailoring, floral dresses and reconstructed jeans. Vetements was one of eight finalists for the LVMH Prize in 2015 and recently presented its Spring/Summer 2016 collection at a buzzy show that drew key industry insiders to a kitschy Chinese restaurant in Paris’ Belleville.
    Previously, Gvasalia worked behind the scenes at Margiela for eight years (while Mr. Martin Margiela was still at the house), as well as at Louis Vuitton for a short period. Agnès Barret, a recruiter who worked with Mr. Martin Margiela, has referred to Gvasalia as Mr. Margiela’s “spiritual son.”
    News of the appointment follows former Balenciaga creative director Alexander Wang’s final show for the brand, which took place last Friday after a “joint decision” by Wang and Balenciaga parent company Kering not to renew their contract.

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Saw this random guy on instagram who is wearing the Le Lab moleskin half balloons. Looked better/more normal than I thought it would

[​IMG]

these
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

9. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

lol they look like Pikmin

10. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

It's to distract them from their new Citizen Scores.

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Just googled that. Dude.

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Realtalk, AA thermal henleys (sized up one) are one of the best-fitting articles of clothing ever. I have an RRL henley that comes close, and my WvG henleys win in terms of sheer beefiness, but the AA ones win hands-down in terms of fit. OTOH, I've had one literally fall apart on me the first time I wore it. I'm surprised there was anything left to pass along to your son, maybe a pile of thread, a few scraps of fabric, and some tiny plastic buttons.

I still need to find someone who will reverse-engineer one using better materials, construction, and trims.

13. dmash

dmash Senior member

^Haha @notwithit, I wear those AA henleys almost every day in the fall/winter. Definitely agree about the fit, they're so good. I have a huge issue with a lot of garments ballooning out at the lower half due to my drop & broad shoulders, those hug tight.

If you're being serious about finding somebody to replicate better......... keep me in the loop. I would definitely pick up a fair amount to help with any minimum order req.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015