• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A5AC5628-6665-4CDC-AC0F-63DBC12215D1.jpeg

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that Bernie in a kilt in the right

DeafIdiotGod

Reaction score
Anyone know any light wash jeans with a higher rise and a fitted but not skin-tight leg?

This set from E. Tautz could have been the one but it sold out in 30W.

Also general denim question, should I just size down if I don't want the waist to stretch out too much?

krspdla

Reaction score
Also general denim question, should I just size down if I don't want the waist to stretch out too much?

In my experience it works best for the waist to be comfortably snug prior to any washing. They should stretch out with wear and then return to about their original measurement after a wash.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@cyc wid it I received the Real McCoy’s full-zip hoodie today and it fits longer than I expected for a Japanese brand. I’m 6’3” with a medium torso and vacillating between 200 and 210 and the XL drapes pretty long and is accommodating in the arms due to the shoulder width being slouchy. I’m going to keep and put through the dryer instead of going down to a L. I’ll let you know if that changes anything.

My measurements laid flat:

- Chest: 24.5”
- Shoulder: 20”
- Length (from hood seam): 28”
- Arm (from shoulder seam to cuff): 26”

After a cold wash and dry on low heat:

- Chest: 23.75”
- Shoulder: 19.5”
- Length (from hood seam): 26.75”
- Arm (from shoulder seam to cuff): 24.5-24.75”

There was seemingly some shrink after the cold wash, but I didn't measure it then. For my tastes I am glad I went with the XL as the fit is now where I would like it. I can't yet speak to any stretch that may occur with wear.

For anyone following along, I also picked up a Real McCoy's loopwheel crewneck and these are the measurements after a cold wash and drying on a hanger:

Pre

- Chest: 22 1/8th"
- Length (from hood seam): 27 3/8th"
- Arm (from shoulder seam to cuff): 25"

- Chest: 22.5"
- Shoulder: 20.5”
- Length (from hood seam): 27 6/8th”
- Arm (from shoulder seam to cuff): 25 6/8th"

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone following along, I also picked up a Real McCoy's loopwheel crewneck and these are the measurements after a cold wash and drying on a hanger:

Pre

- Chest: 22 1/8th"
- Length (from hood seam): 27 3/8th"
- Arm (from shoulder seam to cuff): 25"

- Chest: 22.5"
- Shoulder: 20.5”
- Length (from hood seam): 27 6/8th”
- Arm (from shoulder seam to cuff): 25 6/8th"

So... It expanded?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
may actually tighten up a bit when you wear it it got blocked when you dried

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a vintage find on eBay and a style they do fairly often. It was practically new but <$100 because of a stain on the sleeve, but that usually doesn’t bother me. I see them hovering around $2-400.

I just picked up a new one for a nice discount (hasn't yet arrived), but am not sure about the quality of their present offerings. I like the shade of brown of yours better as well.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We were starting the semester of Patternmaking with body measurements last week, and I realized I have the same upper body as the 5’11” guy and the lower body of the 6’6” guy. I’m 6’2” and apparently all legs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads