• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Chicago that can do me a massive, massive favor and pick up and ship something for me? Sort of a proxy service, but I've already paid for the item and just need it picked up locally and shipped to me. Just a jacket so nothing too complicated to ship. Please PM me if you think you might be able to :worship2:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Anyone
@notwithit This brand has had some options in past seasons

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/al-duca-daosta-1902/items.aspx?page=2

Thanks for originally putting me onto Billykirk one a while back, completely changed wearing a belt for me!
Thanks, I'll check them out. Glad to hear you're a fan as well!
You couldn't get this made in in suede without there being a serious backing, or else the belt will just stretch at the holes and/or tear at the rivets. That said, that buckle is not a Billy Kirk exclusive design. It's fairly common. For example, here: https://thomaswages.com/products/thomas-wages-claw-belt-havana so you could probably have someone else make one.
Ooh, good to know. Best-case scenario, maybe I can buy a couple of buckles and find someone to make me a belt or two using them.

And yeah, I figure suede would need to be two-piece if it's even possible.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have not seen this question posted yet, even though it's asked every summer, so I'll do it.

I need new tee's, lots of them. Looking to spend ~$25 give or take. I want something with a slightly loose/relaxed neck and regular hem/length. Ideally cotton/modal blend but cottons fine too. What's eveyrbodies current favorite?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have not seen this question posted yet, even though it's asked every summer, so I'll do it.

I need new tee's, lots of them. Looking to spend ~$25 give or take. I want something with a slightly loose/relaxed neck and regular hem/length. Ideally cotton/modal blend but cottons fine too. What's eveyrbodies current favorite?

Lemaire has tees that fit that description, but you prob already knew that. Also not $25.

Otherwise, for what you wear, maybe Olive?

https://www.oliveclothing.com/men/tees/

Our Legacy, Margiela, and Chimala have sold that kind of t-shirt cut in the past (the sort of Lemaire/ Olive cut). But I don't know what they have now.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

https://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/tees

Specifically the 'shaggy' bamboo-sorona u-necks. It's like taking a vacation from wearing clothing and practically all I wear during warm weather.

They run $27.50 each with a rewards membership (although there may also be a discount code for non-member customers floating around).

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about white tees you can wear without tucking but will not poke out underneath the shirt hem (rounded shirt hems)?

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i like the rolled edge t shirts from COS. slightly loose in the neck and pretty relaxed through the body. sleeves can run a bit small. i size up because i'm lazy and put them in the dryer.

https://www.cosstores.com/en_usd/me...with-rolled-edges-khaki-green.0631496003.html

didn't see these, will give them a shot

Specifically the 'shaggy' bamboo-sorona u-necks. It's like taking a vacation from wearing clothing and practically all I wear during warm weather.

They run $27.50 each with a rewards membership (although there may also be a discount code for non-member customers floating around).

also ordered one of these since every other time wvg gets linked all their shirts are sold out.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Chicago that can do me a massive, massive favor and pick up and ship something for me? Sort of a proxy service, but I've already paid for the item and just need it picked up locally and shipped to me. Just a jacket so nothing too complicated to ship. Please PM me if you think you might be able to :worship2:
Call up independence and ask one of the employees to do it. There’s some sort of like, menswear store code where y’all help each other something right? Go bowling with half off margs for industry night?

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the bamboo-sorona stretchy at all? And how does it hold up to washing and drying?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do bombers generally measure larger than their non-bomber outerwear counterparts in the same size? Ie if my size in blazers/leathers/coats etc measures ~20 inches p2p, for a bomber it’d be more like 22”?

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do bombers generally measure larger than their non-bomber outerwear counterparts in the same size? Ie if my size in blazers/leathers/coats etc measures ~20 inches p2p, for a bomber it’d be more like 22”?
depends on the intended fit.
there are fitted bombers and there are oversized bombers

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
are logos over yet?

Logos are here to stay. They just get more or less subtle with the times.

side note: Does anyone know the first logo'd commercial garment (non military or sports team)? Lacoste? Levi's?

Also, I'm feeling this Chapp the Rapstar. Or should it be Chaps the Rapstar?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads