• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is just a one-off incident. I've had multiple items shipped via USPS from the US to Canada recently and haven't had any issues. The hold-ups seem to be on the USPS side of things from my experience and Canada post while busy, is still meeting usual delivery times once it's in their hands.

UPS is horrible when shipping to Canada FYI
Apparently coming the other way as well.
I received a notice that they "mis-sorted" my S&P order. Although it looks like it's back on it's way though.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only delays I've experienced are from Japan, which has a months-long wait regardless of the carrier.

I don't think that's true. We've just had two different parcels arrive in a few days via Japan Post's amazing EMS (this is to Canada).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Might be different for different countries. I have a package waiting to be shipped in Japan. The company has paused all EMS shipping from Japan to the US because they said there are restrictions right now. Been waiting for them to ship for like three months.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wrenkin

Reaction score
UPS always sucks to Canada. This is just one more example.

Only delays I've had recently are from retailers who are (understandably) not shipping every day. The Gap has been the slowest. Each order is split up based on what physical store has the inventory, and then it can two weeks for the order to be picked up. Things trickle in over the course of maybe three weeks. It's kind of ridiculous to get free shipping, and then receive a half dozen separate UPS parcels from up to 4000km away.

javy

Reaction score
that's odd that you were able to ship via EMS japan. I had a package that I wanted to ship from zenmarket back in mid-May, and they told me that EMS will not ship to the US (and they also wouldn't allow me to use FedEx due to possible customs issues), so I used DHL packet plus international. Normally, Japan to where I live (SoCal) via EMS takes ~4-5 days, but with DHL packet plus, it has taken 6 weeks to go from Japan --> Singapore --> Germany (Frankfurt) --> NYC (JFK) --> California (arrived in California 2-3 days ago).

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to deal with international shipping? I have a suit in Italy that's ready to ship, but I don't know if it would be better if I just wait for the company to bring it with them to their next trunk show. Similarly, I have things that I need to send to the UK and Italy, but am worried about things getting stuck for months.

Greg at NMWA mentioned that he's had issues with international shipping. And of the few things I've bought abroad, two things have already been stuck in customs for months. Wondering if it's a bad idea to send things via regular post that are time-sensitive or expensive.

ordered something from Denmark via regular post. Took 65 days.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered two of the same things from Denmark, in different sizes for my girls from the same store, only one day apart... one arrived in two weeks and one has yet to arrive. That was two months ago. Both allegedly shipped the same day.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
love this fit

EbYkwU9WoAYgfSh.jpeg

Racing Green

Reaction score
I don't think that's true. We've just had two different parcels arrive in a few days via Japan Post's amazing EMS (this is to Canada).

Same here, Japan Post EMS to Ireland had been very good last few months and courier services even better.

Only shipping issues I’ve had are via USPS to Ireland’s An Post, long delays but nothing I can’t live with.

qubit

Reaction score
What did people clean glass with before Windex?

Dilute white vinegar and screwed up newspaper instead of a cloth. This cleans as well as anything and the newspaper leaves no streaks. You can pretty much do most light household cleaning with some kind of vinegar and or lemon juice combination.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics