1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

It smoothes out to a degree on parts that get the most contact, yes.

2. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Well-Known Member

They resemble dark blue burlap sacks more than the pictures i saw in the post your denim thread [​IMG]

3. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Well-Known Member

they will smooth out and fade as you wear them

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of 005s (one wash) and I'm sort of on the fence about them. I like the fit, but the denim itself is really hairy, bumpy and slubby. It's also extremely dark. I expected a little slubbiness from the pictures I had seen online, but not to this degree. Does the denim smooth out as you wear it? I'm assuming soaks will lighten the color up.
    Fool! Embrace the slub, love the slub

5. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of 005s (one wash) and I'm sort of on the fence about them. I like the fit, but the denim itself is really hairy, bumpy and slubby. It's also extremely dark. I expected a little slubbiness from the pictures I had seen online, but not to this degree. Does the denim smooth out as you wear it? I'm assuming soaks will lighten the color up.
    the jeans go through an "ugly duckling" stage [specially the 007]. the bumps and knots around the high traffic areas become more pronounced/conspicuous due to the gradual loss of indigo [fading] ... and somewhat hairy and unkempt like a mangy dog.

after a few months of wear and a couple of washes the stubbles fall off, the color evens out a bit [less contrasty] and the bumpy texture will still be there [but smoother]... the "swan" slowly emerges. man, you need at least a pair of PBJ in your life. all that's left to say is, just keep wearing them.

6. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Well-Known Member

thanks for the info guys, i'll stick with them!

7. wagthesam

wagthesam Well-Known Member

Hey,

I have a question, I am in the search of a pair of jeans with a relaxed fit, and am looking at the xx-003's. How much does this brand stretch/shrink? if my true waist size is 33, should I go for them in size 32?

Looking at the back rise, its quite large. If my ass is on the smaller side, should I skip this pair?

I need about an extra inch in the thighs to my pair of 3sixteen straights.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Fool! Embrace the slub, love the slub

^ what he said.

Edit: in fact...

9. mlyngard

the jeans go through an "ugly duckling" stage [specially the 007]. the bumps and knots around the high traffic areas become more pronounced/conspicuous due to the gradual loss of indigo [fading] ... and somewhat hairy and unkempt like a mangy dog.

after a few months of wear and a couple of washes the stubbles fall off, the color evens out a bit [less contrasty] and the bumpy texture will still be there [but smoother]... the "swan" slowly emerges. man, you need at least a pair of PBJ in your life. all that's left to say is, just keep wearing them.

Heheh. Ain't denim great? Kinda like that pimply-faced girl with braces who turns into the school hottie.

That's poetry, IIIrd, and I'm not even high. Better words have never been spoken.

10. thomasec

thomasec Well-Known Member

So I'm set on a pair of 005bk jeans, but unfortunately blue in green doesn't have a size 32 in stock. Is there anywhere else to get these, either in the states or via proxy? Should i just wait until BIG gets them back in?

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

You could try to e-mail Jay at Atsui. He doesn't have a storefront/website at the moment but he may/should still have stock, not sure if he had 005bks though

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

13. Naf Nasitra

Naf Nasitra Well-Known Member

Hide offers impeccable service.

14. IIIrd Icon

So I'm set on a pair of 005bk jeans, but unfortunately blue in green doesn't have a size 32 in stock. Is there anywhere else to get these, either in the states or via proxy? Should i just wait until BIG gets them back in?
    are you dead set on a blk pair? sho'nuff is selling his raw/brand new 007 W32__ check FS.

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

im not just saying this because i have a xx007 32 on sale, but i dont like raw black jeans they dont fade too lovely. rather a deep indigo faded is much more aesthetically pleasing. especially xx007 with its dyed on both warp and weft. you can get mine for about 40 bux cheaper than elsewhere . bnwt .

16. IIIrd Icon

@thomasec: oh! .... and, i'm not getting any comm from sho', but he's right about the bk fading. i know cuz i got both bk and 007. if you're looking for black denim in particular, check out s5000bk, Skull or Denime.

17. SharpServiceJapan

SharpServiceJapan Active Member

I know people have had great experiences w/ Hide at Sharp Service.

The thread is here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=120508

Hide offers impeccable service.

Thank you boths and all on Style Forum

Please also remember for any Pure Blue Japan you NEVER NEED to pay proxy service fee you ONLY pay the Japanese Retail Price + EMS Shippings to your country of locations

Thank you always
    Hide

email = info@sharpservice.jp

18. mjknight

mjknight Well-Known Member

Kind of overcast, but oh well. PBJ XX-005's size 28 (TTS) at around 4ish months of wear. Not too much going on but just wanted to update. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And the fit: [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. wahwho11

wahwho11 Well-Known Member

are all pbj hems that large?

20. mlyngard

are all pbj hems that large?

That's an alteration it looks like. I'll have to dig up my hem scraps to see.

Jeans look awesome. Mine are slow faders too. Need to up their frequency in my rotation...