1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. hamish5178

hamish5178 Senior member

I got a pair of Raw X-005s from BiG in size 34. I wear a size 32 in APC.

After two hot soaks they were still too big, and had that awkwardly proportioned unshrunk feeling that I remember from wearing Levi's STFs. I did a hot tumble dry after the second soak with several dry towels, inside out.

They shrank about another inch in the waist and maybe .5 in length, I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who is afraid to dry. It does nothing, they fit perfectly now.

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

^ Two soaks and dryer worked with my 005s too. They all shrink to an inch over tagged size. New PBJ / Blue in Green Collab - the 013. 005 denim and cut, with rise slightly altered, thigh a bit larger and more taper. Size 30 tagged. One soak shrunk them to almost exactly the dimensions on BiG's size chart. Leg opening ended up at 7.5 instead of 7.25". Beautiful slubby denim. Nice grey cast. Inseam stitch also revised per BiG spec. Pics on day one. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Did they run out of 013s already? The best looking grey jeans I've seen so far.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

My 010s are have just recently shown some noticeable fading on the front, interestingly enough they're lightening whereas the back pocket went straight to white. The knees are so soft [​IMG]

5. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

I've really wanted pbjs but I can't handle the weight. A summer day with pbjs has swamp ass written all over it for me. I wish they'd make some 10-12 oz denims.

6. y7bbb6

y7bbb6 Well-Known Member

it's under "blue in green" and not "pure blue japan".

mlyngard, the folks at sufu would love to see those 013

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Yeah, here's the link. Gordon said it would be a consistent production for the foreseeable future, but they have to order in large batches, so if a size runs out, it might be a while. That said, I know they have good inventory at the moment. http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28
    it's under "blue in green" and not "pure blue japan". mlyngard, the folks at sufu would love to see those 013
    Will do. Was planning on it on Sunday. Thanks for the reminder.
    I've really wanted pbjs but I can't handle the weight. A summer day with pbjs has swamp ass written all over it for me. I wish they'd make some 10-12 oz denims.
    Funny, but I wore these on Friday in 25 degree weather, and my legs felt much colder than in my tighter-weave (but same weight) Flat Heads I wore today. I think the slub and weave give them a more substantial 'weight' feeling, but actually they may make good summer jeans because of the loose weave. But Kit could speak to that better than me.

8. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

@thomasec: oh! .... and, i'm not getting any comm from sho', but he's right about the bk fading. i know cuz i got both bk and 007. if you're looking for black denim in particular, check out s5000bk, Skull or Denime.

I've seen some 005bks that have good fades, if that's your thing:
    http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...52677&page=144

But they're great as a non-project jean change of pace. I like em out the soak.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

How are ya liking them 013's mylngard? I looked them up based on your recommendation but I don't know if they're going to be too tapered for me - the hem on the 33's / 34's came out to 8" post soak. All I know is my NS had an 8" hem and they looked retarded with my bigass ass (squats). Also how slubby are they compared to, say, sugarcanes offerings?

Plus they have to contend with the seXih07bk's, so you've gotta tell me lots of nice things so I don't blow $500 on a pair of jeans [​IMG]

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I've worn both PBJs and KMWs while skating in summer (up to >100 F) and they're comparable and not too bad, depending on humidity it could be a bit swamp assy though (no problem with my looser fit KMWs but haven't worn my PBJs in a humid climate. That being said, I plan on wearing my PBJs through Sasquatch 2010 (3 days in the desert in crowds of thousands of people) and I don't foresee it being that problematic

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

How are ya liking them 013's mylngard? I looked them up based on your recommendation but I don't know if they're going to be too tapered for me - the hem on the 33's / 34's came out to 8" post soak. All I know is my NS had an 8" hem and they looked retarded with my bigass ass (squats). Also how slubby are they compared to, say, sugarcanes offerings? Plus they have to contend with the seXih07bk's, so you've gotta tell me lots of nice things so I don't blow $500 on a pair of jeans [​IMG]
    I dunno about the taper on you, since it's totally relative (both on your body and the jeans). But they'll be around for a while so keep them in mind. Due to my FH getting 100% attention right now, the PBJs are on hold, but I love my old 005s, and if the fit had been like these new 013s, I would have kept them. I'd say get those IH 07's first. The slub on PBJ is the most extreme of any jeans I've worn. Took me a bit to adjust to it.
    I've worn both PBJs and KMWs while skating in summer (up to >100 F) and they're comparable and not too bad, depending on humidity it could be a bit swamp assy though (no problem with my looser fit KMWs but haven't worn my PBJs in a humid climate. That being said, I plan on wearing my PBJs through Sasquatch 2010 (3 days in the desert in crowds of thousands of people) and I don't foresee it being that problematic
    That's good to know. Sounds like you'll have some good stories to tell on those jeans this fall ;-)

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

If you can get your hands on a pair of SExSC06s, they're the slubbiest jeans I've held

13. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Man, when are places getting a restock of xx-005's?

Anyone know where to get the one-washes online right now?

Also, I'm thinking about having a pair of XX-005's as my main pair of jeans through the summer. Would they work well with un-tucked plaids/casual shirts with a pair of chucks? I'm not too worried about the heat since I'm just north of Chicago.

14. asnradeon8

asnradeon8 Active Member

Man, when are places getting a restock of xx-005's?

Anyone know where to get the one-washes online right now?

Also, I'm thinking about having a pair of XX-005's as my main pair of jeans through the summer. Would they work well with un-tucked plaids/casual shirts with a pair of chucks? I'm not too worried about the heat since I'm just north of Chicago.

Have you tried a japan proxy? SharpService should be able to get you a pair with no proxy fees.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Man, when are places getting a restock of xx-005's? Anyone know where to get the one-washes online right now? Also, I'm thinking about having a pair of XX-005's as my main pair of jeans through the summer. Would they work well with un-tucked plaids/casual shirts with a pair of chucks? I'm not too worried about the heat since I'm just north of Chicago.
    Have you contacted Jay at BlueOwl? They don't have PBJ on their site but they do carry it (and only they and BiG carry it in the US) They'll work as long as you can pull off the cut, they're really slubby and the weight is pretty good year-round

16. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Anyone have fit pics of their 011s?

17. Parachute

Parachute Member

Anybody know where I could track down a pair of size 31 007's?

18. pingsc

pingsc Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I could track down a pair of size 31 007's?

BiG just restocked on some sizes, just grabbed a pair of sz 29s.

19. asnradeon8

asnradeon8 Active Member

Am I crazy or did the price go up by $30 at BiG?

20. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

If i'm planning on wearing a lot of brighter shirts this summer (basically Gitman's entire SS line), would a pair of PBJs make sense?

I'm thinking the blue would work well with un-tucked casual button downs.

Any help is appreciated.