Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. fosho

fosho Senior member

Is going through Rakuten worth the trouble for PBJs, or is it best to just get it from a US retailer?[​IMG]

I got mine from a U.S. retailer and love them. I think there should be some pics of them in the post pics of your denim thread.

Those scarves are unbelievable, by the way.

2. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

Is going through Rakuten worth the trouble for PBJs, or is it best to just get it from a US retailer?[​IMG]

If BiG or Atsui has what you want in stock I'd get it from them. Those are the only 2 US stores that I know that stocks them.

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

i gotta buy some pbjs at some point on my life.

4. rocks

rocks Senior member

I'm rocking my PBJ gray linen scarf courtesy of Atsui today.

5. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

I've worn my 005's for about 10.5 months...Put a preemptive crotch patch on mine at around 9 months...It just came off and I needed to send it out for repairs today cause it's about to rip.

6. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I'm having a hard time figuring out sizing charts for PBJ for XX-006. Here's BiG's:

[​IMG]

Now from PBJ's website:

[​IMG]

waist, front rise, back rise, thigh, inseam, knee, leg opening is the order going down.

So, for a size 36 BiG says it will shrink down from a 39 to 36. But PBJ just mentions 37 inches (94.5=37).

What exactly is PBJ listing: what it measures raw (so it will shrink down one inch from 36 to 37), what it will measure down from 39 (39 to 37), or are they listing a one wash (even though it's listed as shrink-to-fit)?

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

8. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

I believe PBJ sell their jeans one wash to everyone but BiG, because folks in the US enjoy putting cardboard rigid pants in their bathtub so they can put pictures of the "process" on the internet.
    So I assume their measurements are for one wash.

9. aketo

aketo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any retailers that still have that indigo scarf in stock? I don't want to wait another 1-2 months for another run.

SharpService is offering proxy services for this from PBJ @ 30% off retail - think they come to about $50 a piece with the discount.

10. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I believe PBJ sell their jeans one wash to everyone but BiG, because folks in the US enjoy putting cardboard rigid pants in their bathtub so they can put pictures of the "process" on the internet.

I did not know that. It makes the best sense. Thanks.

11. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

SharpService is offering proxy services for this from PBJ @ 30% off retail - think they come to about $50 a piece with the discount.

don't think that's correct. just got a quote from Sharp for a FOB 151 which retails for 23,100 yen__ after 30% disc= 16,170__ after EMS shipping to U.S. +4% paypal = 21,549 [10% proxy fee waived].

12. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

don't think that's correct. just got a quote from Sharp for a FOB 151 which retails for 23,100 yen__ after 30% disc= 16,170__ after EMS shipping to U.S. +4% paypal = 21,549 [10% proxy fee waived].

The scarves are about 7,000 yen ($70), if I see the pbj site correctly, which should make them about $50 after everything.

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, the measurements are one wash and for most part PBJs flagshop only stocks one wash denim.