Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

JD - depending on your thigh measurement, you might actually want to stick with the 36". The 005 cut is pretty slim in the thighs, so unless you got some skinny legs compared to your waist, a 36W might be better?

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I ski so I don't have skinny thighs. Your suggestion would then be, buy the 36 and wash them immediately? Soak them immediately? Wear in bathtub?

3. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

Atsui, I am glad to see you bringing pbj to seattle. Can't wait to see the pieces in person.

4. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Our first shipment of PBJ arrived today. Full run of XX-005 in one wash, run of XX-010 one wash, several indigo dyed scarves, and for women the L-1088. Pricing will be figured out by tomorrow.

Due to a minor legal difficulty, we will not be able to post photos or pricing on our websites. We expect this to change in the near future. For the time being, we will only be able to sell through in-store purchases, telephone orders, and e-mail inquires. Please e-mail or pm any inquires.

5. robin

robin Senior member

Rad. I'll stop in this weekend to check them out, I'll need to run some errands down in that area anyways.

6. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

On pricing, I am afraid that we will not be able to offer the usual SF discount on PBJ. Hopefully when the US dollar recovers, this will change. So, our pricing will end up being the same as BIG for the time being.

Thus, for our first shipment:

Indigo Dyed Scarves = $85
    XX-005 One Wash = $225
    XX-010 One Wash = $275
    L-1088 Women's Stretch Deep Indigo = $175

I have seen a few questions on inseams and I believe all new models will have 35-1/2" inseams after soak. Here are measurements of a couple models as an example. For those who are not familiar with our sizing system, click on the link for an explanation, http://shopatsui.blogspot.com/2008/0...and-pants.html. Please PM with any questions.

XX-010 One Wash Size 32
    32" waist, 9-1/2" rise, 35-1/2" inseam, 8-1/4" knee, 8-1/4" leg opening

XX-005 One Wash Size 32
    32" waist, 9-1/2" rise, 35-1/2" inseam, 8-1/4" knee, 8-1/4" leg opening

7. robin

robin Senior member

I stopped into Atsui this morning for a few minutes to check out the PBJ's and I was very impressed with them. The XX-010's (the purple ones) were also much cooler in person, and both have a nice slub feel. Can't wait to see what the clothing will be like. Here are some of the indigo scarves. [​IMG]

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Oh man those scarves are amazing.

9. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

Cool pictures. My girlfriend and I went to the PBJ store when we were in Tokyo a few months ago. The jeans are, of course, really nice, but I was more impressed with the non-denim items, to which I'd previously had much less exposure. I wound up buying a pair of khaki chinos for myself and a scarf for my girlfriend. The quality and construction of both is unbelievable.

The only aspect of the store I didn't enjoy was the rocks sticking out of the floor. They contribute to the overall rustic ambiance but I kept tripping over them. [​IMG]

10. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Robin, regarding the scarves, how warm are they? From the pics they don't look too thick and seem more a transition scarf than for colder weather. Also, are they fairly long or about standard length?

11. robin

robin Senior member

Robin, regarding the scarves, how warm are they? From the pics they don't look too thick and seem more a transition scarf than for colder weather. Also, are they fairly long or about standard length?
    Probably more of a transition scarf (they're cotton), so good for fall and spring. They're about 13" x 72" or so. I have seen some nice looking wool ones online from PBJ and I wonder how they compare.

12. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

I stopped into Atsui this morning for a few minutes to check out the PBJ's and I was very impressed with them. The XX-010's (the purple ones) were also much cooler in person, and both have a nice slub feel. Can't wait to see what the clothing will be like.

Here are some of the indigo scarves.

[​IMG]

NICE. I think I found the perfect christmas gift for my wife- that gray scarf looks perfect.

13. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

What kind of thread do PBJ jeans contain? (cotton, poly?)