• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
So that's the Soft Ivy collar. That one did make up somewhat differently than past orders and I agree it seems to sit low. This was the linen/rayon blend fabric, which sold out quickly. Since I intend to mostly wear this casually, I'm not going to worry about it and there's no way to remake it if I did care since the fabric is gone. But I did find it inconsistent with prior orders; here is the same collar on a blue OCBD from 2014 for instance:

I do also have a long neck, which is a fact that's been pretty well-known on this forum for over a decade at this point. Though I honestly wonder how many no-neck people can wear collars and ties comfortably. Like how do you guys turn your heads? :foo:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried PC's cashmere sweaters? Their v-necks and turtlenecks are starting to pique my interest.
Yes, I have a grey v-neck that I bought 2 1/2 years ago, and I still love it. It keeps its shape, doesn’t pill much at all, and is deliciously soft. Competitively priced, too.

Edit: It was $150 in 2017. What’s with the 25% hike, @Seph?

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Would you happen to have a few pics :)
Not pro modeling pics, but I found these selfies on my phone. It’s the cobble stitch, which I just noticed is out of stock, but I think it’s indicative of the quality of their sweaters.

Last edited:

Sammm

Reaction score
So that's the Soft Ivy collar. That one did make up somewhat differently than past orders and I agree it seems to sit low. This was the linen/rayon blend fabric, which sold out quickly. Since I intend to mostly wear this casually, I'm not going to worry about it and there's no way to remake it if I did care since the fabric is gone. But I did find it inconsistent with prior orders; here is the same collar on a blue OCBD from 2014 for instance:

I do also have a long neck, which is a fact that's been pretty well-known on this forum for over a decade at this point. Though I honestly wonder how many no-neck people can wear collars and ties comfortably. Like how do you guys turn your heads? :foo:

I have the cream linen/rayon shirt – indeed totally different from my other orders. It looks good but it barely shrank (or PC completely miscalculated the shrinkage allowance). It also sags in a weird way – the cuffs seem much heavier than any oxford cuff I have. Also takes much longer to dry than even heavy cotton, weirdly enough. Anyway, I don’t mind having it as a casual shirt but the collar is still too big to wear with a tie, even after several hot dryer runs.

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, have you considered creating an online swap board for your customers? It would be a way for us to find homes for PC shirts that aren't working for us ... maybe we didn't get the size dialed in right, or didn't end up liking the color, or whatever. Any shirt we post could generate an alert for all board members that have similar measurements (all would be opt-in, private, etc... you wouldn't have to use your real name if you didn't want to). You could call it [email protected]

I suspect if you don't do this, someone will create it independently ...

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I understand......I have say a dozen of the soft Ivy and the last one was not correct spec..it sat waaay low!......I returned it and I was correct..specs were off ..they remade it!

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, are you guys planning to offer black mother-of-pearl buttons? Some of the nicest shirts I've owned have these; they're amazing looking on any dark fabric. Strongly suggested.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph, have you considered creating an online swap board for your customers? It would be a way for us to find homes for PC shirts that aren't working for us ... maybe we didn't get the size dialed in right, or didn't end up liking the color, or whatever. Any shirt we post could generate an alert for all board members that have similar measurements (all would be opt-in, private, etc... you wouldn't have to use your real name if you didn't want to). You could call it [email protected]

I suspect if you don't do this, someone will create it independently ...

It's a cool idea. I'd like to do something here, but with current priorities I don't see us getting to that in the near future.

Ventanaman

Reaction score
Fit suggestions needed!

Over the last couple of years I have adjusted my fit and overall very happy with my purchases. However, I still am getting lines around the armpits despite moving to “sloping shoulders”. Should I adjust to ”very sloping shoulders” on my next order? Any other suggestions? @Seph

Thanks!
945AFC38-96F4-45A2-8650-C33740F8AB05.jpeg
EA249278-1F15-41BC-AA9F-640CBF3F290B.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads