• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
So that's the Soft Ivy collar. That one did make up somewhat differently than past orders and I agree it seems to sit low. This was the linen/rayon blend fabric, which sold out quickly. Since I intend to mostly wear this casually, I'm not going to worry about it and there's no way to remake it if I did care since the fabric is gone. But I did find it inconsistent with prior orders; here is the same collar on a blue OCBD from 2014 for instance:

I do also have a long neck, which is a fact that's been pretty well-known on this forum for over a decade at this point. Though I honestly wonder how many no-neck people can wear collars and ties comfortably. Like how do you guys turn your heads? :foo:

bantone

Reaction score
Has anyone tried PC's cashmere sweaters? Their v-necks and turtlenecks are starting to pique my interest.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried PC's cashmere sweaters? Their v-necks and turtlenecks are starting to pique my interest.
Yes, I have a grey v-neck that I bought 2 1/2 years ago, and I still love it. It keeps its shape, doesn’t pill much at all, and is deliciously soft. Competitively priced, too.

Edit: It was $150 in 2017. What’s with the 25% hike, @Seph?

Last edited:

bantone

Reaction score
Yes, I have a grey v-neck that I bought almost 2 years ago, and I still love it. It keeps its shape, doesn’t pill much at all, is deliciously soft. Competitively priced, too.

Nice! Would you happen to have a few pics :)

Sammm

Reaction score
So that's the Soft Ivy collar. That one did make up somewhat differently than past orders and I agree it seems to sit low. This was the linen/rayon blend fabric, which sold out quickly. Since I intend to mostly wear this casually, I'm not going to worry about it and there's no way to remake it if I did care since the fabric is gone. But I did find it inconsistent with prior orders; here is the same collar on a blue OCBD from 2014 for instance:

I do also have a long neck, which is a fact that's been pretty well-known on this forum for over a decade at this point. Though I honestly wonder how many no-neck people can wear collars and ties comfortably. Like how do you guys turn your heads? :foo:
I have the cream linen/rayon shirt – indeed totally different from my other orders. It looks good but it barely shrank (or PC completely miscalculated the shrinkage allowance). It also sags in a weird way – the cuffs seem much heavier than any oxford cuff I have. Also takes much longer to dry than even heavy cotton, weirdly enough. Anyway, I don’t mind having it as a casual shirt but the collar is still too big to wear with a tie, even after several hot dryer runs.

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, have you considered creating an online swap board for your customers? It would be a way for us to find homes for PC shirts that aren't working for us ... maybe we didn't get the size dialed in right, or didn't end up liking the color, or whatever. Any shirt we post could generate an alert for all board members that have similar measurements (all would be opt-in, private, etc... you wouldn't have to use your real name if you didn't want to). You could call it [email protected]

I suspect if you don't do this, someone will create it independently ...

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I understand......I have say a dozen of the soft Ivy and the last one was not correct spec..it sat waaay low!......I returned it and I was correct..specs were off ..they remade it!

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, are you guys planning to offer black mother-of-pearl buttons? Some of the nicest shirts I've owned have these; they're amazing looking on any dark fabric. Strongly suggested.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Seph, are you guys planning to offer black mother-of-pearl buttons? Some of the nicest shirts I've owned have these; they're amazing looking on any dark fabric. Strongly suggested.
That would be amazing

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph, have you considered creating an online swap board for your customers? It would be a way for us to find homes for PC shirts that aren't working for us ... maybe we didn't get the size dialed in right, or didn't end up liking the color, or whatever. Any shirt we post could generate an alert for all board members that have similar measurements (all would be opt-in, private, etc... you wouldn't have to use your real name if you didn't want to). You could call it [email protected]

I suspect if you don't do this, someone will create it independently ...
It's a cool idea. I'd like to do something here, but with current priorities I don't see us getting to that in the near future.

Ventanaman

Reaction score
Fit suggestions needed!

Over the last couple of years I have adjusted my fit and overall very happy with my purchases. However, I still am getting lines around the armpits despite moving to “sloping shoulders”. Should I adjust to ”very sloping shoulders” on my next order? Any other suggestions? @Seph

Thanks!
945AFC38-96F4-45A2-8650-C33740F8AB05.jpeg
EA249278-1F15-41BC-AA9F-640CBF3F290B.jpeg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 138 17.4%
  • 11 - 20