• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the miles white shirt......fairly thin.......ez to dress up or down.....cheap...

most would say its not casual......, but I dress it down all the time w/ jeans

they have a white peached oxford...kinda flannely....niiiiiiice but heavy ish

JTK

Reaction score
the miles white shirt......fairly thin.......ez to dress up or down.....cheap...

most would say its not casual......, but I dress it down all the time w/ jeans

they have a white peached oxford...kinda flannely....niiiiiiice but heavy ish
I'll check them out. Thanks! I think I was finally able to dial in my measurements and fix the collar-sag issues I was having. Just received the pima oxford in a western style, and so far so good!

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a casual white fabric, other than oxford?
I have one in the Thomas Mason cotton/linen denim that feels great. Some slub texture, but a bit less opaque than I’d like.

The white flannel Oxford is one of my all-time favourites. I have one with a soft ivy collar and one with a soft Franklin spread. Comfiest things in the world.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll check them out. Thanks! I think I was finally able to dial in my measurements and fix the collar-sag issues I was having.
If you don't mind, what was your collar issue and what was the fix?

JTK

Reaction score
If you don't mind, what was your collar issue and what was the fix?
The collar kept collapsing under a jacket with the first 2 buttons undone. Previously I tried to fix this by raising the top button placement by 1", but that didn't help much. What did the trick this time was shortening the yoke width by .5" This brought the collar together, and added more overall support to the top front portion of the shirt. I only discovered this after I happened to be in NY recently, and was able to stop by the showroom for some fit advice.

cakv

Reaction score
no not the same......its fused..lol

that means the lining is fused/glued in...so the collar wont be as soft.

r u confused?......

linings can be light to heavy..... and fusings can vary as well.
my experience w/ PC, is that the fused collar is kinda stiff!

I have ripped open my collars to see...and even some soft collars by PC have linings.
haha, yes, I am. I don't know much about shirts. I do think the collar by default is quite stiff. So what is best for a formal, business shirt? Ask for no fusing and get the soft collar? Or get the soft collar and keep fusing?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The collar kept collapsing under a jacket with the first 2 buttons undone. Previously I tried to fix this by raising the top button placement by 1", but that didn't help much. What did the trick this time was shortening the yoke width by .5" This brought the collar together, and added more overall support to the top front portion of the shirt. I only discovered this after I happened to be in NY recently, and was able to stop by the showroom for some fit advice.
Interesting. In all my yammering about the collar collapse issue, nobody ever mentioned that it could be a yoke issue. Hmmmm...

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one in the Thomas Mason cotton/linen denim that feels great. Some slub texture, but a bit less opaque than I’d like.

The white flannel Oxford is one of my all-time favourites. I have one with a soft ivy collar and one with a soft Franklin spread. Comfiest things in the world.

I assume the get dirty ezily?....as they are fuzzy no?...but I do like

like ring around the collar?.....

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, yes, I am. I don't know much about shirts. I do think the collar by default is quite stiff. So what is best for a formal, business shirt? Ask for no fusing and get the soft collar? Or get the soft collar and keep fusing?
The soft collar is the unfused collar. If it doesn't have soft in the name, then it's got a fused interlining.*

Here's the list of collars.

*Except, I guess, for the new camp collar. That's soft (i.e. no fusing). And they haven't updated that page to even show the camp collar yet.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it is subjective of course,...........but a formal bus shirt is generally stiff and fused!..I mean traditionally.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is subjective of course,...........but a formal bus shirt is generally stiff and fused!..I mean traditionally.

any pics of you in a bus outfit?

Id wear a lightly lined collar but not fused....but it would not be traditional

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume the get dirty ezily?....as they are fuzzy no?...but I do like

like ring around the collar?.....
They get just as dirty as other white shirts. I don't think the fuzziness makes a difference. For ring around the collar I just spray Shout on the inside of the neck before I throw it in the wash.

Here's one of their handsome model dudes in the white flannel oxford with a soft Franklin spread collar and western flap pockets:

0061575faba5d183fbfffa77d32eefe4_page_default.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads