• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love me some PC, and early on I copied the "modeL" fit...but over time Ive come to realize that type of fit DOES NOT work in real life...lol

but it looks good while posing
fit5.jpg

I have already busted thru 3 shirts at the elbows!...

but no more..

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only non-iron and "wrinkle resistant" fabrics are made with taped seams. It prevents the seam from puckering when washed.
Thanks for making that so clear, @Seph . I think those of us who (passionately) avoid the wrinkle-resistant stuff are the same people who balk at taped seams.

Once again, Proper Cloth gets it exactly right.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The merino fabrics are fabulous. I got the grey with my first order actually, though I have not ordered any since then. (The prices have gone way up). Wrinkle resistance is similar to the Mayfair wrinkle resistant fabrics. It does need an ironing (on wool setting), but is easy to iron flat. The merino wool is very thin, but, as a wool, is warmer than a cotton when it is cold outside; yet it breaths well, too. So you can wear it easily in the summer as well! I don't think it is a great winter fabric when compared with flannels though. The fabric is machine washable, but much more delicate in some areas than regular cotton. That is, you don't want to wash it too many times or it can start to fraying places like the collar. The good news is that you don't need to wash it as often as cotton. I wash my cotton shirts with every wear, but I wear the merino shirt 3 times before I wash it. I iron in between washes and wear undershirts. Fusing of the collar seems a bit weaker/softer than fusing in other fabrics. I find the merino shirts are great for casual wear, but can also be used in business settings if appropriately matched with the rest of your outfit.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I want a Franklin semi-spread, but soft. The Franklin semi-spread is not soft though, only the spread is. Is there a way of asking for a soft semi-spread instead of a soft spread?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a Franklin semi-spread, but soft. The Franklin semi-spread is not soft though, only the spread is. Is there a way of asking for a soft semi-spread instead of a soft spread?
No, sadly they only make the collars listed on their site. I’ve tried asking for soft versions of other collars.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no....PC does not offer such customizing.......other co's do tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads