• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
This is obviously not great, as it makes me not want to trust the process, creates a ton of waste on both our ends, and makes me worried I'm going to get blacklisted, but I literally just want the shirt size I've always gotten, but that's seemingly becoming increasingly difficult to get.

Please keep us updated. I've had a similar issue, and it's the only reason I have been ordering from other companies. Once it's solved permanently, I'd love to try some of the fabrics I'm seeing on the site.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph -- any reports of increased fit issues with folks?

I just ordered two shirts that are both completely unwearable (and saw this morning that one of the shirts appears to be actually sewn backwards), which is odd given I had a fit profile locked in that had held strong and was pretty much unchanged for my last 30 or so shirt orders.

This fit inconsistency also happened with a shirt earlier this year that took a few tries to get right and resulted in my fit profile being altered, which is the same fit profile I used for this order on the unwearable shirts.

When I reach out to customer service, they seem inclined to offer minute fit feedback on just that shirt, but don't have any broader support on the fit inconsistency. I just went through this earlier in the year and now am being asked once again to change my fit profile.

This is obviously not great, as it makes me not want to trust the process, creates a ton of waste on both our ends, and makes me worried I'm going to get blacklisted, but I literally just want the shirt size I've always gotten, but that's seemingly becoming increasingly difficult to get.

We have not been having increased reports of fit issues. Key metrics on these things are very steady - and really very good. It's hard to address this sort of message without knowing specifics but I suspect it's related to either switching between fabric qualities and/or comparing new shirts with shirts that have been laundered dozens of times. I'd like to improve our system and communication around these points but it's difficult - will message you for more details.

Regarding something sewn incorrectly - definitely send a photo to the support as we take all issues with quality seriously.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
We have not been having increased reports of fit issues. Key metrics on these things are very steady - and really very good. It's hard to address this sort of message without knowing specifics but I suspect it's related to either switching between fabric qualities and/or comparing new shirts with shirts that have been laundered dozens of times. I'd like to improve our system and communication around these points but it's difficult - will message you for more details.

Regarding something sewn incorrectly - definitely send a photo to the support as we take all issues with quality seriously.

Thanks, Seph -- I'll respond to your chat in a moment, but wanted to send a photo here as there's no way for me to attach a new photo via DM. This is the mango stripe, and the right side of the shirt as sewn on my shirt is the exterior. Hopefully it comes through in the photo that it's significantly faded and less vibrant than the interior of the fabric on the left side.

MangoStripe.jpg

AriG

Reaction score
@Seph: Is there a systematic rule how wide the bottom hem is? I.e. how far from the bottom it is stitched? With most Soft Ivy shirts I've noted that it is wider (more of the "normal" width of 0.25" or so), whereas with dress shirt type fabrics & collars it is a very tight stitch. However, the rule broke with a recent order of a Thomas Mason Oxford on Soft Ivy, where the close stitch was used - unfortunately, because these shirts really need the regular hem so they can be worn untucked. For all I care, since dress shirts are tucked anyway, I'd prefer the wide/regular hem on all shirts.

I am looking to order a TM flannel right now, but hemming and hawing (no pun and intended ...) over the collar, as I really don't like the Soft Ivy with a close hem stitch, it's just not consistent asthetically, imo. And I am not sure what hem would be used.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, Seph -- I'll respond to your chat in a moment, but wanted to send a photo here as there's no way for me to attach a new photo via DM. This is the mango stripe, and the right side of the shirt as sewn on my shirt is the exterior. Hopefully it comes through in the photo that it's significantly faded and less vibrant than the interior of the fabric on the left side.

View attachment 1831755
Thanks - yes - very interesting I haven't seen that before. We would like to get that shirt back to inspect more and we can have it remade. I'll have someone reach out.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph: Is there a systematic rule how wide the bottom hem is? I.e. how far from the bottom it is stitched? With most Soft Ivy shirts I've noted that it is wider (more of the "normal" width of 0.25" or so), whereas with dress shirt type fabrics & collars it is a very tight stitch. However, the rule broke with a recent order of a Thomas Mason Oxford on Soft Ivy, where the close stitch was used - unfortunately, because these shirts really need the regular hem so they can be worn untucked. For all I care, since dress shirts are tucked anyway, I'd prefer the wide/regular hem on all shirts.

I am looking to order a TM flannel right now, but hemming and hawing (no pun and intended ...) over the collar, as I really don't like the Soft Ivy with a close hem stitch, it's just not consistent asthetically, imo. And I am not sure what hem would be used.

Good question. Yes, there is a systematic way of doing it - and it's all based on the fabric selected. Hem stitch style has nothing to do with the collar style chosen, so don't worry about that. I have always associated the really tight hem stitch with high quality dress shirts, so I haven't wanted to abandon it completely - but for many untucked casual shirt styles it can roll up, so we started to switch to the larger 5/16" stitch style for more casual fabrics. Looks like all of our TM oxfords have been assigned the standard hem - but we will revisit that decision based on your comment. All the TM Flannels are set to 5/16", so you should be fine to order one of those.

AriG

Reaction score
Brilliant, thank you sir. Maybe in the future, we'll have all those detail attributes mentioned on the fabric page :)

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I want this badly. Will it ever be restocked or are there plans to stock a similar cream mélange oxford cloth this season?

That particular fabric is done - but there will be others like it coming.

JTrent82

Reaction score
That particular fabric is done - but there will be others like it coming.
That's great to hear. The gray undertones make this very versatile for someone with cool skin- almost a light taupe. I look forward to seeing what you have in the pipe.

stubbsj20

Reaction score
@Seph. Question. I order all of my dress shirts with a Soft Roma Spread collar and a French/no front placket. I just received a shirt and the French placket has no fusing and won’t lay flat. All prior orders have had fusing. Has the design changed or was this an error on part of the factory?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Seph. Question. I order all of my dress shirts with a Soft Roma Spread collar and a French/no front placket. I just received a shirt and the French placket has no fusing and won’t lay flat. All prior orders have had fusing. Has the design changed or was this an error on part of the factory?
I've ordered many french-front shirts, and I thought they were all without fusing

stubbsj20

Reaction score
I've ordered many french-front shirts, and I thought they were all without fusing
Prior to my most recent order, all of my French placket shirts have had fusing like what is shown in the below photo.
IMG_3425 copy.jpg

My most recent order looks like this:
IMG_3424 copy-1.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prior to my most recent order, all of my French placket shirts have had fusing like what is shown in the below photo.
View attachment 1838255
My most recent order looks like this:
View attachment 1838257

I seem to have BOTH in my collection. All my merino wools and flannels with a french placket have no fusing. However, my cotton ones seem to have fusing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads