• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyclemanic

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up, Seph!

On a related note, just thought I'd share my observations that my latest PC shirt came with shanked buttons as standard, which I'm rather happy with. My previous PC shirts -- with the most recent of them being more than a year ago -- never had them, so whenever they were implemented, I'm glad they did.

I chose regular fused placket and cuffs, and even these feel softer and more pliable than before -- pretty much the fused-but-softer interlining I had hoped from them :slayer:

Has anyone also noticed these on their more recent shirts?

IMG-3721.JPG

I also noticed they're now made in Vietnam rather than Malaysia (not sure if this is the case for every shirt or just certain ones).

IMG-3722.JPG

Last edited:

shhQuiet

Reaction score

On a related note, just thought I'd share my observations that my latest PC shirt came with shanked buttons as standard, which I'm rather happy with. My previous PC shirts -- with the most recent of them being more than a year ago -- never had them, so whenever they were implemented, I'm glad they did.

I chose regular fused placket and cuffs, and even these feel softer and more pliable than before -- pretty much the fused-but-softer interlining I had hoped from them :slayer:

View attachment 1137443

I also noticed they're now made in Vietnam rather than Malaysia (not sure if this is the case for every shirt or just certain ones).

View attachment 1137446

Just ordered this:
IMG_0883.jpg

But the placket is not fused. Also made in Vietnam.

goodoleJR

Reaction score
@Seph - I've been a loyal customer for over 5 years, but the quality recently has been abysmal. Numerous orders and re-cuts have come out wrong. The latest is attached here. I ordered this shirt with a 23" chest. Same chest size I've been using for years. The first go-around, I received it with a 22" chest pre-wash. Here on the re-cut, same issue: 22" pre-washed. And the sleeves came out at 35" when I ordered 36.25". I can barely get it on even before the standard laundry shrinkage. Prior shirts have had the cuffs miscut so badly that I can barely close them around my wrist.
propercloth.jpg

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree, online order ease is A+, fabric selection B, B-, collars are B- (still not as good as my Italian makers), recent consistency and QC is a D and makes the positives fade awat

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1137443

View attachment 1137446

We're now making all shirts in Vietnam.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph - I've been a loyal customer for over 5 years, but the quality recently has been abysmal. Numerous orders and re-cuts have come out wrong. The latest is attached here. I ordered this shirt with a 23" chest. Same chest size I've been using for years. The first go-around, I received it with a 22" chest pre-wash. Here on the re-cut, same issue: 22" pre-washed. And the sleeves came out at 35" when I ordered 36.25". I can barely get it on even before the standard laundry shrinkage. Prior shirts have had the cuffs miscut so badly that I can barely close them around my wrist.
View attachment 1137897
Really sorry to hear about the trouble. I know it's frustrating. We're looking into what happened here.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ever seen a no-placket order get a fused placket, but still have the placket folded under (like no placket), but sewn in (like a standard placket)?
View attachment 1140326

All fabrics with a "Wrinkle Resistant Finish" or "Non-Iron Finish" are getting this treatment (a light fusible applied to the back of the shirt front) if ordered with the "No Placket" front. We find it helps the shirt stay crisp through the day or be sharper right out of the wash. https://propercloth.com/fabrics/wrinkle-resistant/non-iron

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All fabrics with a "Wrinkle Resistant Finish" or "Non-Iron Finish" are getting this treatment (a light fusible applied to the back of the shirt front) if ordered with the "No Placket" front. We find it helps the shirt stay crisp through the day or be sharper right out of the wash. https://propercloth.com/fabrics/wrinkle-resistant/non-iron
Interesting. I actually prefer the fusing and was curious if it was some new option.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a REALLY good idea, Seph. I think I only ever ordered one "no placket" shirt from you, and didn't like the fact that I had no choice but to iron the thing, just to make the front lie flat. This new treatment will solve that problem.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have PC sports jackets? How are the armholes on those? I find a lot of RTW armholes (Suit Supply, Spier & Mackay) annoyingly low.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads