• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

terra firma

Reaction score
How's the quality of the oxford? Can you compare to luxire or ratio?

The basic luxire oxfords that are from Brembana or whatever it's called are quite a bit nicer. That being said, I have a heavy black oxford and it's one of my favorite shirts.

Does anyone have the black denim? I've been fawning over it for weeks but at 110 after shipping that's really getting up there (especially considering Luxire's slubby chambrays are only 80)

BolognaFingers

Reaction score
The basic luxire oxfords that are from Brembana or whatever it's called are quite a bit nicer. That being said, I have a heavy black oxford and it's one of my favorite shirts.

Does anyone have the black denim? I've been fawning over it for weeks but at 110 after shipping that's really getting up there (especially considering Luxire's slubby chambrays are only 80)
I do! I love it.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how much shrinkage did you guys get from your shirts?

I would say it probably would depend on the fabric. My oxford shrunk only slightly but is now a little snug for my liking, was kind of snug to begin in a few areas though.

I decided to tweak the measurements slightly of my oxford from the last page with the help of Brittany from customer service, with her advice I will hopefully end up with the perfect fit.

-.75" to the yoke
+.5" to the chest
+.5" to the bicep
+.25" to the waist
+.25 to the bottom (still debating if I should go +.5" on waist and bottom, I think it should be fine though)
-1" to the length

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

I would say it probably would depend on the fabric. My oxford shrunk only slightly but is now a little snug for my liking, was kind of snug to begin in a few areas though.

I decided to tweak the measurements slightly of my oxford from the last page with the help of Brittany from customer service, with her advice I will hopefully end up with the perfect fit. 

-.75" to the yoke
+.5" to the chest
+.5" to the bicep
+.25" to the waist
+.25 to the bottom (still debating if I should go +.5" on waist and bottom, I think it should be fine though)
-1" to the length

A noticable but not huge amount.

They factor shrinkage into your measurements, btw.

Hmm yeah I knew they factored shrinkage into my measurements when I was there but I was curious how others fared. I wore one of my black lapel dress shirts to the fitting and am curious to see how close my PC shirts get to my BL after shrinkage.

ccallis

Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, how much shrinkage did you guys get from your shirts?

Hey wonsmithr8--fabrics will shrink differently depending on their construction, but for the most part our fabrics shrink between 1-3%. This shrinkage mostly happens vertically.

We cut to account for shrinkage in our shirts, and test all of the fabrics we buy before putting them on our site. We're working on a way to communicate shrinkage in particular fabrics more effectively, so your feedback on this sort of stuff is appreciated!
Chris

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Action shot of Chris in the Salina check jacket from Four Pins.

Last edited:

zinc2162

Reaction score
Joining the party here. Has anyone tried the Mercer Lightweight Denim? I am thinking of ordering it as a casual shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads