1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

That looks like it could be a button issue. Hard to say. did you send that photo off to proper? They're usually very quick with a response.

2. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Yeah I emailed them shortly before posting

3. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

I'd wait to hear back from them to see what they say first.

Somewhat related note, I really love their construction, but man I really wish their oxfords were a bit softer. I know they have the Thomas Mason fabrics, but that's a bit more than I want to spend on one shirt.

4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I hear you on the softness, I find that part of the fun though is breaking it in over time and making it soft that way. By no means is the fabric rough, but I do have samples of some of the higher end oxfords to see the difference. I am very happy with the construction and weight of the oxford, I do think this one will break in nicely.

5. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

Anyone else have a problem with too much fabric around the bicep? It seems like the default armhole is too high/small and all the extra fabric gets relegated to the bicep area.

6. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Just got a tie from Proper Cloth, so thought I'd stop by to say that I really like it. It seems very well made, and knots and wears well.

7. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

X post from waywt. Got my Ivy button down popover and took it for a spin today. Love the fabric and fit! Had to do the complimentary alterations process though—the collar came out huge when I simply put my normal collar size in (and I tweaked a bunch of other stuff too).

8. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

You could always ask them to reduce the amount of fabric in the bicep area. Mine's pretty slim throughout the arm to the cuff.
    How do you like the popovers? I've been debating whether or not to get one.

9. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I just received a button-down collared shirt in the pink/blue madras fabric (regular button-down collar, one button standard rounded cuffs, tall MOP buttons, french front, no pockets) and thought folks might like another picture of that fabric actually made into a shirt.

It arrived just in time for me to wear it on a wine country outing with this blue linen suit. I love it.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. BolognaFingers

looks great. How is the madras fabric? thin and breezey?

11. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

@katabatic Looks great! I have the same fabric in almost the same configuration.

12. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Yup - it's light weight, very soft. It even came out of the packaging without any new-shirt creases (although now that I think about it, maybe that has more to do with the fact that it's in the packaging for about two days, versus who knows how long for an off-the-rack shirt).

I was comfortable wearing it in 103 degree heat last Friday (well, as comfortable as it's possible to be in that kind of heat).

13. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

Hey Guys,
    Hoping to get in more of a regular flow posting on Styleforum. We've been really focused on getting all of our product dialed in for fall and I couldn't be more excited about what we'll be releasing come Sept/Oct/Nov--stay tuned!

But not to be forgotten are some great, more classic fabrics from the last few weeks. Today we launched some really beautiful mini grids from Thomas Mason. They're some of the nicest dress fabrics we carry and made up in a super smooth 120/2 x 120/2 construction. The pattern is nice and subtle--feels almost like a solid from a distance, but a little more interesting once you get closer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last week we released a few colorful end-on-end checks that are looking great in full shirts. The end-on-end construction gives them a slightly more subdued look, as the color isn't so punchy. Construction is 100/2 x 100/2 Thomas Mason Silverline, which is just about our best reviewed quality across the board.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plenty of other recent releases, but I figured I'd highlight those two as they've been looking great in the showroom. You can see all of them together on propercloth.com/fabrics

Also--wanted to get input from everyone here on fabric styles they're looking forward to for fall! Always looking for some feedback

Cheers,
    Chris

14. BolognaFingers

FLANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

16. coop86

coop86 Senior member

What are people's thoughts on using the Roma Cutaway as a default collar for both dress shirts and more casual shirts? I might still go with the Ivy Button Down for linen and flannel shirts, but other than those fabrics, it seems the Roma Cutaway is most ideal.

17. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

Don't worry, we will have PLENTY of flannel this fall. Lots of solids and plaids under $100 and some really beautiful finds from our Japanese and Italian mills in the $125-$150 range...

18. BolognaFingers

LOL I can't even wrap my mind around $150 dollar flannel from a Japanese mill!

Anyway, got my cavarly white twill dress shirt in the mail yesterday. Its my wedding shirt. And it is ABSOLUTELY perfect.

1 person likes this.
  19. dmourati

dmourati Member

I'm seeing many more lavender shirts lately. I'm more of a conservative dresser but I'm leaning towards adding one to the rotation. I sort of view the lavender as a bit less daring than the pink while still being a bit bold.

Thoughts on this fabric:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  20. roncfp

roncfp Member

It's a great fabric and color. It is very versatile as it goes with navy, gray and tan suits. Highly recommend it.