• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Seriously thinking of getting the same boots! Could you post a small feedback and advise on sizing (got Viberg, Alden, Trickers, Edward Green and Church’s for comparaison)
That would be awesome, thx!

Here are pictures to demonstrate what I said about the last ans view from the top
20220920_075513.jpg

20220920_075525.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the hell? Did they just pull a Church’s? 960 for hand grade that’s moving into GG territory. I don’t know man….

Reaction score
I wish Paul Sargent the best of luck but those prices are unhinged. Not a single style less than £600 and Handgrade at £960 - I think they are hugely pricing themselves out of the market. Appreciate their situation is an unusually challenging one with the demise of their previous brand, but there is just too much better value competition around.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish Paul Sargent the best of luck but those prices are unhinged. Not a single style less than £600 and Handgrade at £960 - I think they are hugely pricing themselves out of the market. Appreciate their situation is an unusually challenging one with the demise of their previous brand, but there is just too much better value competition around.
I check your blog daily, you haven't updated in a while sir!

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those prices are ex-VAT too right?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the exclusive Cambridge and Hanover models made to higher specs than the line sold by AFPOS? I have a pair of Navy Cambridge made to Exclusive specifications from AFPOS. They were listed at ~ GBP 425 (incl. VAT) IIRC when I purchased them in 2018. I bought my Hannover at the same time for the same price.

Christian GV.

Reaction score
Those prices went up quite a lot.
I think my Cambridge were 350£ half a year ago

Those were good times for us shoe folks. And that for sure was a steal of a price :) (I suppose one of Paul Sargent's pilot prices during their revamp?)

Also, while it's a fair point to discuss the new pricing, I'm not sure it's reasonable to say Sargent have "pulled a Church's" on this one. We're not having a huge fashion corp here toying with a heritage brand. In my eyes, this is just Paul Sargent and their hard working craftsmen finally trying to make this business survive. Costs are increasing everywhere and the Sargent brand haven't really adjusted their prices accordingly for years.

Just to take that boot as an example. I bought my Cambridge's here in Norway for about 400 pounds in 2018. So much shoe for the money, easily beating the C&J Coniston (now recently upped to 620 pounds). Also, the new Sargent shoes look more refined than before and come with better finishing too. I would gladly pay the new PSS price at 600 pounds if I needed another pair.

Reasonable price adjustment, really. I support the change and with their quality I believe they deserve it.

LPMIII

Reaction score
The prices were more than I was hoping for, but when isn't that the case. It makes some since when you realize their Exclusive line is MTO now too.

I still tend to like PSS design choices more than C&J on similar shoes while also having nicer finishing imho.

I just hope they start offering lasted trees again.

brotherender

Reaction score
PSS is indeed now priced right between CJ and GG/EG. Surely, some won't like it but the real question is if the price reflects the quality, which imho it does. I guess everyone needs to ask themselves that question. I also believe that ultimately we, their customer base, came out better without any price increase for years and the price hike now instead gradual increases back to back. After all their shoes were at a very favourable price sometimes for over a decade. I enjoy what I had and now give the company credit where it's due. They need to earn what they deserve (now that they finally can be the masters of their own destiny), which is why I personally understand their move. I'd rather pay more and see them thrive, giving me a chance to have the shoes I like than pay less and force them to cut corners.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XIOSamerica