• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my package from Burgos. I've only worn the pyjamas but will show the other two pieces a bit later. The pyjamas are bespoke but as they are pyjamas after all, I don't notice much difference except: 1) I can pick my own fabric and 2) I don't wear pyjama tops so the cost of bespoke bottoms is about the same as OTR bottoms and tops so I'm staying in the bespoke lane. I'll have the waist taken it a bit although I like how the tops cinch. Also, maybe a pocket? But probably not. A linen pair is very likely.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Received my package from Burgos. I've only worn the pyjamas but will show the other two pieces a bit later. The pyjamas are bespoke but as they are pyjamas after all, I don't notice much difference except: 1) I can pick my own fabric and 2) I don't wear pyjama tops so the cost of bespoke bottoms is about the same as OTR bottoms and tops so I'm staying in the bespoke lane. I'll have the waist taken it a bit although I like how the tops cinch. Also, maybe a pocket? But probably not. A linen pair is very likely.

I would consider getting pockets since they're basically free in bespoke. And if you're not wearing a traditional pj top, which usually has thee pockets, you may find it inconvenient at some point.

Agree that bespoke pjs only go so far if you're doing cotton. If you visit a local jobber, however, you may find some more interesting materials.

Next is a bespoke dressing gown! Those are really great.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new Huntsman Bespoke 100 process? It seems to be cutting in house, construction overseas, and fittings/adjustments in house...similar to the Whitcomb and Shaftesbury 'classic bespoke' option that was written about on Permanent Style

Huntsman at 3500 GBP seems a lot more palatable than at 5500 GBP, esp considering their old MTM product was priced at 2900 GBP

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1080.jpg
Sorry for the crappy photo, but here is my latest from Steed. I couldn't be more pleased!

tbo

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new Huntsman Bespoke 100 process? It seems to be cutting in house, construction overseas, and fittings/adjustments in house...similar to the Whitcomb and Shaftesbury 'classic bespoke' option that was written about on Permanent Style

Huntsman at 3500 GBP seems a lot more palatable than at 5500 GBP, esp considering their old MTM product was priced at 2900 GBP

I'm planning to try it out next month (through the Huntsman NY group) so can let you know how it goes. However I've already had them make me something in the past, so it may work differently than for a new client

krakatoa

Reaction score
Anyone know what the going rate is for AC bespoke shirts these days?

Not sure about the price for house fabric. In HK, using Thomas Mason cloth I recall it's in the mid HKD 2,000s (don't have the receipt in front of me at the moment so can't give the exact amount), and for Alumo (which I used for 2 shirts within the past month) it was closer to HKD 4,000 than 3,000... (for me, shirts at that price are definitely one-off, or in this case two-off, purchases...).

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Might you need some extra room in the lower legs? It seems that you have relatively prominent calves and I would be concerned about Fox flannel bagging at the knees when so tapered.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
View attachment 1114342
Second (last?) fitting of a char-navy Fox flannel suit. Very excited with trying Sartoria Cresent out.
Really respect this maker. Familiar with his work thru his website. His sewing techniques have deep roots in great Italian tailoring. He shows reverence for the older sewing methods and it shows in the expression of his garments. His silhouette is unique. I like that he isn't trying to mimic any trend or other known silhouette. His aesthetic is Milanese with Florentine flavoring. How do you communicate with him, do you both speak English or Italian?

papado

Reaction score

I guess if you specifically want the Huntsman cut for cheaper it would be what you want, right? If someone isn't looking for a specific house style I think there are plenty of other bespoke houses which are in that price range

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads