• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in NYC a couple weeks ago, and finally upgrading my shirt game thanks to forum suggestions.

Went to go visit CEGO - put 5 shirts in the works. Unreasonably excited to see the outcomes. Loved the fabric selection and general vibe from the place.

It's totally reasonable excitement! I've been buying shirts from Carl since 2008 and I'm excited every time.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who are your favorite makers for shirts and suits?
Shirts, I used mainly Kamakura. Have a 100hands shirt which is pretty nice. Using an ex Ascot Chang guy in HK right now.

I don't wear suits much, mostly jackets and pants separate. I think Corcos is great. Steed is great, too, for British style.

If you're talking about one maker that makes both shirt and suits, Corcos has a very good shirt maker.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much stopped buying custom shirts outside of Carl and Proper Cloth. I am not as worried on getting the perfect fitting shirt, and since Carl has my measurements locked in, I can order from him over the phone or whenever I am in NYC.

Suits and sport coats, I am really tapering off there as well, but the last couple were from Antonio at Pastena.

RRL has taken hold of my clothing purchases recently.

-D_

Last edited:

dresden

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about jetted/Besom pockets on rustic garments such as tweeds? I understand that it is a favorite detail of some Florentine tailors including Antonio Liverano. However, I rarely see examples from English tailors. I am currently indifferent on the detail but I just wanted to know all of your thoughts on it.
Just my opinion but like Oxford shoes, besom pockets are for suits.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts, I used mainly Kamakura. Have a 100hands shirt which is pretty nice. Using an ex Ascot Chang guy in HK right now.

I don't wear suits much, mostly jackets and pants separate. I think Corcos is great. Steed is great, too, for British style.

If you're talking about one maker that makes both shirt and suits, Corcos has a very good shirt maker.

Interesting re. Corcos shirts. Do you know who makes them? Or does Corcos do it in house? I’d be interested in ordering a shirt order with a bespoke order next time he’s in New York

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting re. Corcos shirts. Do you know who makes them? Or does Corcos do it in house? I’d be interested in ordering a shirt order with a bespoke order next time he’s in New York
He uses an out sourced shirtmaker.
He's not taking new NYC customers for the next year or two again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads