• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&A

Reaction score
The one from Casalnuovo. The one from always in via chiaia 197 doesn’t travel, besides our friends @C&A, @P-K-L, Conchita Wurst and maybe selected others, he has mostly napoletani and italian friend customers.
Don’t forget @fassbinder who has been using him since 2013 or even begore that and must have been one of his first non-Italian clients.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Empirically, all my orders with kotaro have been sb & that’s unlikely to change.
I have a double breasted tuxedo on order with him but that will probably be the only double breasted commission I make from him, just because his single breasted jackets fit me so much better than anyone else’s.

Funnily enough, he showed me a picture of his own tuxedo from his wedding and it was also double breasted.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a double breasted tuxedo on order with him but that will probably be the only double breasted commission I make from him, just because his single breasted jackets fit me so much better than anyone else’s.

Funnily enough, he showed me a picture of his own tuxedo from his wedding and it was also double breasted.
Nothing wrong with that! There’s a gray herringbone suit kotaro made for kaga San that i really like.

Someone should write a book about all these neopolitan tailors

I suspect it’s too niche. And the only way it becomes profitable is when well marketed sartorias pay for placement. While I have no evidence to support that, i suspect it based on tailors locals have heard of vs. tailors the internet seems to like.

And wouldn’t it take the fun out of finding a Neapolitan tailor if we all just had some sort of cheat code. Even my friend who had been ordering for years in Napoli wouldn’t tell me who he ordered from - it’s everyone’s personal journey.

I think another lesser-heralded name is manna (sartoria manna). But I have no experience with them.

You can also argue there are lesser-known Florentine, Milanese & Roman tailors too btw. One example would be rinaraldi in Milan. I got his name from the folks at il vecchio drappiere. I haven’t visited though - you’re welcome to try & report back.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has very romantic Neapolitan dreams about the harsh cold winters we endure in Holland. He speaks about it as though it is bordering to the north pole.

You could attempt to remediate this by petitioning your government to cease competing in speed skating and to dispose of any of those Bruegel, etc winter landscapes with ice skaters

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that! There’s a gray herringbone suit kotaro made for kaga San that i really like.

I suspect it’s too niche. And the only way it becomes profitable is when well marketed sartorias pay for placement. While I have no evidence to support that, i suspect it based on tailors locals have heard of vs. tailors the internet seems to like.

And wouldn’t it take the fun out of finding a Neapolitan tailor if we all just had some sort of cheat code. Even my friend who had been ordering for years in Napoli wouldn’t tell me who he ordered from - it’s everyone’s personal journey.

I think another lesser-heralded name is manna (sartoria manna). But I have no experience with them.

You can also argue there are lesser-known Florentine, Milanese & Roman tailors too btw. One example would be rinaraldi in Milan. I got his name from the folks at il vecchio drappiere. I haven’t visited though - you’re welcome to try & report back.
These type of projects are a labor of love. If one expects to make a lot of money, my bet is that it wouldn't be as good.

It seems like some of the folks here on SF have enough experience to pull this off.

Maybe a group project?

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in the English camp (and maybe French) so not any foreseeable future…
English all the way for me. I have skinny shoulders and a less than substantial chest. I want the structure and the drape. I look waaay better in that style.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These type of projects are a labor of love. If one expects to make a lot of money, my bet is that it wouldn't be as good.

It seems like some of the folks here on SF have enough experience to pull this off.

Maybe a group project?

The only labor of love project I’ve seen has been gazman’s shoe book which cost $125. And he hardly trafficked into the deep unknowns.

tdang

Reaction score
Speaking of the deep unknown, saw an MBT early this morning. Twas a good fitting.

IMG_9533.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpeg

Have a friend in the rag trade who is unimpressed by the quality of Anglo Italian cloths (might be because he handles amazing vintage stuff every day), but I find them fantastic, both in terms of looks and performance. This brown herringbone linen is a joy to wear.

Attachments

• IMG_9536.jpeg
    IMG_9536.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 90

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dressedwell.net
i deeply want an actual human profile photo of everyone on that site. I find them pretty funny, on the whole, but the level of mockery and general whinging paints an extremely vivid (and, admittedly, extremely stereotypical) image in my head.

@tdang do us plebs a solid and commission a suit in one of those linen/silk AI fabrics.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i deeply want an actual human profile photo of everyone on that site. I find them pretty funny, on the whole, but the level of mockery and general whinging paints an extremely vivid (and, admittedly, extremely stereotypical) image in my head.

@tdang do us plebs a solid and commission a suit in one of those linen/silk AI fabrics.
Wait a minute... That's a real website...LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads