• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2133033

Something a bit different. Planning to have a few watch straps commissioned. The skins are so-called "nubuck" alligator from a Hermès tannery (I believe d'Annonay). Likely planning to give the project to David Lane.

Big shout out to Nicholas Templeman for supplying the hides!
David Lane has done a great job for me on three custom straps. None of my commissions is nearly as interesting as yours.

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man. That was fast! How many fittings did you do? It seems like qemal has done quite a few of the London lounge coats.
I’m an idiot. I forgot you were in the queue well before me. This is your coat, no?

Mine is progressing nicely but won’t be ready until next winter.
IMG_5055.jpeg
IMG_5063.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m an idiot. I forgot you were in the queue well before me. This is your coat, no?

Mine is progressing nicely but won’t be ready until next winter.
View attachment 2133311 View attachment 2133313
No no, not mine. I didn’t use qemal for my coat. I wish that was my coat! Haha.

A different mystery LL 1kg coat owner. I’m using a Milanese tailor. Photos from November IMG_1704.jpeg IMG_1705.png

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No no, not mine. I didn’t use qemal for my coat. I wish that was my coat! Haha.

A different mystery LL 1kg coat owner. I’m using a Milanese tailor. Photos from November View attachment 2133343 View attachment 2133345
clarification: I don’t have any regrets about who I chose to make my coat. I was saying, in general, that I liked the coat @brax posted. I have no regrets about not using qemal. I thought about it - honestly, I just thought it’d be funny to give him a 4th or 5th order in that fabric (I’ve lost track).

But I’m pleased with my decision, as you can see, the first fitting came out well. My tailor offered to rush it for this year, but I opted to do one more fitting, as that was his preference. My original plan was to have satoki San make it. When he moved back to Japan for health reasons, I asked him to send the fabric to another tailor (I wanted to keep track of 4k worth of fabric). Regardless, qemal seems to do great work.

Maybe @bjhofkin? I can’t remember the 3rd guy who gave Q a length of the Everest.

I think you’re right, or it’s someone not on styleforum. Who was the first person to get a coat from qemal in the LL cashmere?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>Dropped off coating package
>Tailor goes on vacation 3 days later

Damn, dude must be fed up from my BS.

Anyway, I basically told him to copy this Ralph coat for me below. I've another Ralph coat as a baseline. It'll be an oversized fit (2 sizes too big for most ITT).

I emphasized machine stitched seams and broad lapels with a dropped button stance, no darts

15936754_10207891884517289_104134765848674930_o-632x1024.jpg

I read that Ralph basically modelled his old polo coats after the DoW's.

tumblr_nm03brcoZR1rf1jvro1_1280.jpg

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>Dropped off coating package
>Tailor goes on vacation 3 days later

Damn, dude must be fed up from my BS.

Anyway, I basically told him to copy this Ralph coat for me below. I've another Ralph coat as a baseline. It'll be an oversized fit (2 sizes too big for most ITT).

I emphasized machine stitched seams and broad lapels with a dropped button stance, no darts

15936754_10207891884517289_104134765848674930_o-632x1024.jpg

I read that Ralph basically modelled his old polo coats after the DoW's.

tumblr_nm03brcoZR1rf1jvro1_1280.jpg
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbev