• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Zegna 14Mil winter suit funded. Wonderfully soft fabric. The Italians know how to make great fabric, no matter what people tell you. Why a vest on a DB-suit? Because my tailor did not want anything to go to "waste".

0LHBO5119.jpg
0TQFB1999.jpg
0ACDR7194.jpg
0CYSG4185.jpg

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The third of four commissions that came from Tofani. Again sans fittings. This is a Taylor & Lodge blazer. I wanted metal buttons as it is a blazer but had a hard time finding any that I liked. Davide reached into his father’s vault and found these 50 year old buttons.
IMG_2118.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg

IMG_2159.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The third of four commissions that came from Tofani. Again sans fittings. This is a Taylor & Lodge blazer. I wanted metal buttons as it is a blazer but had a hard time finding any that I liked. Davide reached into his father’s vault and found these 50 year old buttons. View attachment 2095497 View attachment 2095499
View attachment 2095491
View attachment 2095493
View attachment 2095495
Was that the lumbs golden bale / mohair blend mock Leno? I was looking for a length of that fabric but Taylor & lodge wasnt open.

Also, in the first photo, is that an old brora x London lounge tweed jacketing fabric. I think it was called brora 646, if I recall correctly

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't a recommendation but rather an update, as I know some here have had dealings with Biagio in the past.

Biagio is talented but challenging to work with :)

He insisted on providing the suit for free due to "previous inconveniences". But I ended up ordering an extra pair of trousers and an overcoat, for which I paid the full price.
To what did he attribute the previous inconveniences? I used him when he was in NYC. The suit jacket for
me was too short and too tight. Had a local tailor try to salvage it but there are limits. The delays in delivery didn’t help. I think he has potential but doubt anyone would try him again.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To what did he attribute the previous inconveniences? I used him when he was in NYC. The suit jacket for
me was too short and too tight. Had a local tailor try to salvage it but there are limits. The delays in delivery didn’t help. I think he has potential but doubt anyone would try him again.
The only thing that looked good about him is the price. In my experience, with bespoke, you really get what you pay for, unless you’re going to them.

calypso

Reaction score
I was in Paris when Dirnelli recommended him (his first trunk show), and initially, he did some good stuff for me. But overall, it's been an expensive affair.

Jackets and overcoats are good, but the trousers have been... Well, not good :)

Last edited:

Ghotihead2001

Reaction score
Steed update: was sent my DB suit after 1 fitting. I guess the implication was that it would be finished but may need some tweaks....well it needed them...side seams "eased" and armhole position "deepened", among other things...

So we did a zoom fitting (which i hope is sufficient to make the appropriate corrections) and its going back to them after xmas.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 15.37.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 15.37.52.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 744
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 16.32.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 16.32.21.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 240

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steed update: was sent my DB suit after 1 fitting. I guess the implication was that it would be finished but may need some tweaks....well it needed them...side seams "eased" and armhole position "deepened", among other things...

So we did a zoom fitting (which i hope is sufficient to make the appropriate corrections) and its going back to them after xmas.
The jacket looks wearable; I would wait until the summer to send it back.

It will give the jacket time to break in.

Ghotihead2001

Reaction score
The jacket looks wearable; I would wait until the summer to send it back.

It will give the jacket time to break in.
The jacket was wearable, but there are some bigger issues that are not appreciable in that picture. For example, it was so tight across the back that I couldn’t comfortably cross my arms and tight across the front of the armholes to the point where I couldn’t hold my arms out in front of me at shoulder height.

I relayed these concerns to them, and they suggested the zoom fitting and adjustment.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket was wearable, but there are some bigger issues that are not appreciable in that picture. For example, it was so tight across the back that I couldn’t comfortably cross my arms and tight across the front of the armholes to the point where I couldn’t hold my arms out in front of me at shoulder height.

I relayed these concerns to them, and they suggested the zoom fitting and adjustment.
The joys of bespoke, welcome!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received an email from Eric Jensen formerly from Gallo NYC. He hasn't done any trunkshows in awhile and his IG posts have slowed considerably. He said he's moving from Gallo to Stefano Bemer at the end of this year.

No idea if he's changing his cut to more of a Florentine style or how this is going to impact any current projects he has in the works.

Sreezy36

Reaction score

What cloth did you choose?

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received an email from Eric Jensen formerly from Gallo NYC. He hasn't done any trunkshows in awhile and his IG posts have slowed considerably. He said he's moving from Gallo to Stefano Bemer at the end of this year.

No idea if he's changing his cut to more of a Florentine style or how this is going to impact any current projects he has in the works.
Interesting, I’m guessing he’ll handle bemer’s American clientele? And not the Italian clientele? I always wondered who made for the clients in Italy. I know vestrucci was officially done making. But didn’t know who made for them because tomasco isn’t a tailor

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steed roulette

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't like what he was producing when he was cutting and making the jackets himself. Hopefully he's able to get things sorted and his wife will start modeling the stuff again. Her cleavage was on fleek for sure!!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niotyer